Skip to main content
Topic: FOT experience today (Read 495 times) previous topic - next topic

FOT experience today

Yesterday was starting to get coach ready for our trip next week when I noticed a large oil spot on the driveway. Started investigating and saw that a hydraulic hose to the rear slide was leaking on the muffler. I was thinking I would just wait until I was going to FOT next month for service. I then started reading  that the hoses keep 3,000 psi on them at all times and that the hoses have to be the same size and length  with the other ones going to the other side of the slide so that the side would not bind up going in or out. I was also concerned about the oil leaking on the muffler

Called FOT at 7:30 this morning  and explained my dilemma. I was told to bring it in and they would try to work it in. Left Houston at 8 am and got there around 11. There was already a work order waiting on me. I told them I would leave the coach there and would come back later in the week to pick up. While I was going through the coach to get a few things they came and told me they were going to pull the coach into a bay to check out to see if they could get it fixed while I was there. Leak turned out to be by the fittings and the hose was needed to replace.  They removed hose, found a replacement  then ran the new hose. While they were testing found that the solenoid was acting up so they replaced that also. I paid bill less than coach buck and was on way back home before 4 PM.

I am one happy camper
2014 ih45  (4th Foretravel owned)
 1997 36' U295 Sold in 2020, owned for 19 years
  U240 36' Sold to insurance company after melting in garage fire
    33' Foretravel on Dodge Chassis  Sold very long time ago