Skip to main content

Topic: Air system (Read 261 times) previous topic - next topic

Air system
This morning I was dumping and all of a sudden, the pop off valve on the air system started going off about every 10 seconds.  I went in the bay and un-plugged this black thin cylinder and it quit.  Next thing I know the coach is un-level big...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Air system
Reply #1
Joe, the pressure switch (gray Square D thing) is what turns the pump on based on pressure.  Mine sticks on occasion. with power off to the pump you could try spraying the contacts with an electronics contact cleaner.  A new one is about $25.  I...

Reply #2
Joe, the pressure switch (gray Square D thing) is what turns the pump on based on pressure.  Mine sticks on occasion. with power off to the pump you could try spraying the contacts...

Reply #3
As I understand the air system in a late 2000 and early 2001 coach (like mine) is that when ignition is off the small compressor feeds the HWH tank and the bladder manifold (if you have them) and the front and rear leveling manifolds.  The front...

Reply #4
Roger, I will take a look at the schematics tomorrow as my build was pre 5871.  The two gauges on the dash are definitely loosing air and when they get to around 70, the pump kicks in.  So, you are saying I may have a failing check valve or...

Reply #5
Well, I know I have 2 bad pressure protection valves.  My check valves may be OK because aux air input does what I expect, raises the coach and does not add air to the service tanks..

A thorough test is a good thing.  Check valves have to get...