Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone swapping out a Microphor for anything else....STOP!!! Read this please! (Read 2195 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone swapping out a Microphor for anything else....STOP!!! Read this please!

Go ahead with your swap...I get it.  But please, before you toss the Microphor in the dumpster, kindly remove all the working screwed on bits from it...namely the flush handle/switch, timer, solenoid valve, drive motor/cam, and anything else you can remove with a screw driver and douse with clorox.  Parts for these awesome heads are rapidly becoming unobtanium.  Please post anywhere in the forum, classifieds will work, that you have some available, and you'll probably be inundated with grateful owners, like me, who will reward you handsomely.  Thank you in advance, Woody.

p.s. you may just save a fellow Foretraveler from resorting to a 5 gallon bucket some day
2001 4010 U320 build #5865 "Bluto-d-Bus" since 09/18
2006 Honda Element ESP Toad
Full timing since 2016 in Western MT
Copilot: Sitka
1975 GMC 260 Avion: sold

Re: Anyone swapping out a Microphor for anything else....STOP!!! Read this please!

Reply #1
And the porcelain "toilet tank" cover as well.  Nearing unobtanium. 
Dan - Full timing since 2009
2003 U320 40' Tag 2 slide

Re: Anyone swapping out a Microphor for anything else....STOP!!! Read this please!

Reply #2
I will have one available in the next 30 days if anyone is interested'll be selling parts
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #3
Chris count me in on your parts.  Let me know
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #5
MOST excellent post! I love mine, but when they go bad, as said Unobtanium (Love that Term!!!) is what you are left with! I'd buy the whole thing, if you don't want it anymore!  Only the Black one if whole, otherwise every other part is requested here! Just tell me what's wrong with it?  This post reminds me of that TV Show, "Married with Children"  I believe it was where he just didn't want to get rid of his Precious "Throne" as  there was no like it, out there, again parts Unobtanium! BTW I see when I use that new word (to me) my Spell Checker didn't correct it, so it is an accepted word!  I must tell my Boss that, so she can play it on her "Words with Friends Game".
Tom & Barb Root
'95, 40' U-320C SE, bought from Dave Head, 8/2017  FT Motorcade # 18196 Coach Build# 4663 October '94
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen, 1991 Suzuki Samurai, Off-Road Custom Build-Up, W/Toyota 22re mill, and a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison TOADS Will also pull a MacGregor 26X Powersailor 2001 Model, owned since new!

Retired SR Rocket Mechanic, FT Sales Associate @  FT of California, Escondido CA.!  and Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant (Hence Retired Guns! ) Avionics Tech, on A6E Intruder & OV-10 Bronco Aircraft!  V/N Era Vet, and Desert Storm Participant.  Happily Retired now!

Reply #6
The first one is a Vacuum one, Ours should all be Electric, and the $50.00 one, is an LF-210, and some MAY (?) have that one, but mine was OEM LF-220, which has 4 Bolt Mounts to the Floor.  If the Internals are the same Though, what a deal!
Tom & Barb Root
'95, 40' U-320C SE, bought from Dave Head, 8/2017  FT Motorcade # 18196 Coach Build# 4663 October '94
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen, 1991 Suzuki Samurai, Off-Road Custom Build-Up, W/Toyota 22re mill, and a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison TOADS Will also pull a MacGregor 26X Powersailor 2001 Model, owned since new!

Retired SR Rocket Mechanic, FT Sales Associate @  FT of California, Escondido CA.!  and Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant (Hence Retired Guns! ) Avionics Tech, on A6E Intruder & OV-10 Bronco Aircraft!  V/N Era Vet, and Desert Storm Participant.  Happily Retired now!

Reply #7
The LF-210 is air operated.  Maybe a few common parts.
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Reply #8
Go ahead with your swap...I get it.  But please, before you toss the Microphor in the dumpster, kindly remove all the working screwed on bits

That's what I did with mine. I sent the parts to someone here. Anyhow, after the requisite cannibalization, I took a 16 pound sledge hammer to that baby. It was both rewarding and invigorating. Highly recommended.
jor

Reply #9
Gave mine to Tom and Linda years ago, went with the Thetford Aria, not cheap, but no electricity or air needed. Just step on the floor pedal.
Jim C.
coachfree, previous 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003 Foretravels.

Reply #10
Thanks to Jim we were able to swap out our mauve Microphor for a Bone color and after rebuild it has served us flawlessly.
Tom and Linda
1995 U280SE #4636

Reply #11
I have taken the microphor toilet apart and thought I would post pictures for all those who might be interested in what it looks like
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #12
More pictures
After looking at it if you decide to keep yours I think there are some options I would look at for instance the motor looks like one out of a late 80's ford tarus electric window
If electric flush handle goes out I would look at a push button switch
Just my 2 cents worth
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #13
I like mine so much I added another.  :o

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

Reply #14
went with the Thetford Aria, not cheap, but no electricity or air needed. Just step on the floor pedal.

I went with a tall white Aqua-MagicĀ® Style Plus.  It works great, looks great, is simple and cheap.  It's Achille's heel however is the flush valve.....................which is cheap, unserviceable plastic.  And with only the bowl being ceramic it's lighter weight when it needs to be pulled for service.