Skip to main content

Topic: Leaving TV in MH for Summer (Read 646 times) previous topic - next topic

Leaving TV in MH for Summer
Is it ok to leave a TV with the electronics for the hot Summer. Sun City West AZ gets plenty hot in the Summer and the coach will not be shaded other than blinds and front window
Take the tv out or take certain measures and leave in place. Thanks

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:52:56 pm by wolfe10

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Leavingi TV in MH for Summer
Reply #1
I'd leave it in. If it is the old tube type TV, not a big loss, and the newer LED TVs aren't all that expensive.
Think about it-- almost all the connections in a TV are soldered together. Does the interior of a coach get hot enough to melt solder?...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Be sure you leave a couple of open containers of water in the coach. We use a couple of 5 gal buckets about half full.  It helps keep a little moisture in the air, and leave your roof vents cracked open

Reply #3
I'd leave it in. If it is the old tube type TV, not a big loss, and the newer LED TVs aren't all that expensive.
Think about it-- almost all the connections in a TV are soldered together. Does the...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Now that explains why I would put on underwear that I left in the coach and immediately thought I had lost weight!!
Notice that I wasn't brave enough to say that I thought I had put on the DW's underwear by mistake. >:D  :))

Reply #5
Now that explains why I would put on underwear that I left in the coach and immediately thought I had lost weight!!
Notice that I wasn't brave enough to say that I thought I had put on the DW's...

Reply #6
All good comments and learned a lot too
 With some humor thrown in makes for good reading and being informative at the same time!

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
They don't ship any tv's in a refrigeration truck.

Reply #8
Is it ok to leave a TV with the electronics for the hot Summer.

Take a look at the non-operating/storage specifications in your tv manual or look online. I looked at the specs for a couple of lcd TVs and they were in the range negative 4...

Reply #9
Have you considered covered storage? Going "uphill" to a less intense location?

Reply #10
Those TV specs are most likely operating environment.  I would just unplug it and not worry.

I would put a few 5 gal buckets filled with water in the coach (maybe the shower) to help things from drying out too much.  When you get back they will...

Reply #11
No argument, but from the Samsung website:

"Samsung LCD TVs can operate safely in rooms or areas in which temperatures range from 50° F to 104° F (10° C to 40° C). Temperatures outside the listed range will negatively affect the operation of your...

Reply #12
Those TV specs are most likely operating environment.  I would just unplug it and not worry.

I did the HVAC design for a telcom center for Sprint there "cold aisle" specs we're 83...

Reply #13
LG LED specs say
Environment condition
• Operating Temperature. 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
• Operating Humidity Less than 80 %
• Storage Temperature. -20 °C to 60 °C (-4 °F to 140 °F)
• Storage Humidity Less than 85 %

Probably depends on the brand...

Reply #14
I store my rv  in covered storage in florida. It's not and humid even covered. I think the tv's are fine . However I would remove the batteries and or the remotes. This would include all remotes and flashlights. Batteries will leak and destroy...

Reply #15
Notice that I wasn't brave enough to say that I thought I had put on the DW's...

Re: Leaving TV in MH for Summer
Reply #16
Pay for storage that is covered if at all possible

Re: Leaving TV in MH for Summer
Reply #17
Leave the refrig doors propped open a bit.
Very important. I left the doors closed in our old SOB and everything was green mold the next time I opened the doors.

Conventional...