Skip to main content

Topic: Taytronics 1500 failed (Read 498 times) previous topic - next topic

Taytronics 1500 failed
I have a Taytronics 1500 that has quit working.  I know some of you have changed them to a different inverter, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a direct replacement.  It would be nice to be able to use the same remote wiring for...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Taytronics 1500 failed
Reply #1
I have a Taytronics 1500 that has quit working.  I know some of you have changed them to a different inverter, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a direct replacement.  It would be...

Reply #2
I did see that, and I haven't spoken with them, but I kind of thought that might be pretty expensive for one that may be as old as mine.  I will contact them though and find out more about it.

Reply #3
Harold,

it sounds like you are trying to keep things simple and come up with a direct replacement for the old TayTronics.  I understand that desire, but I would encourage you to think about a upgrade to a more modern unit.  The advantages of doing...

Reply #4
A full sine wave inverter with a battery temp management system incorporated would be a very noticeable improvement

Reply #5
Thank you all for the replies.  From them I have a couple of options that I will check out.

• Tim
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Get a high-quality pure sine wave 2,000 watt inverter that draws less than 25 watts while under no load.

Reply #7
Get a high-quality pure sine wave 2,000 watt inverter that draws less than 25 watts while under no load.

Harold, there are modified sine wave and Square sine wave, but X2 on what Tim said, the pure...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Was going to put this on my Freedom 458 post but just as good here.Did what Roger said and researched,Randy at best inverter
does not carry Magnum because he has had trouble with them,he reccomends Samlex,the Samlex normal draw is 30 watts but
has...

Reply #9
Having used the OEM inverter since we purchased the coach, the disadvantages are, it draws more idle watts, you can't run a laser printer from it and the microwave is much slower. Other than that, it's working great. I do have an old Trace...

Reply #10
Spend the money now or spend it later for a new sine wave inverter/charger.  I would choose from selection at Xantrex, Magnum, or Victron from donrowe.com . 

For low cost and good specs, check this out:
Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 Pure Sine...

• Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:40:07 pm by Jack Lewis

Reply #11
The xantrex! Magnum and .outback all mention conformal circuit boards for humid uses.(boats?)

The Magnums me-rc panel has in its preloaded battery type settings both types of agm's.

The others seem to need to be custom set for Lifeline AGM's.

The...

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
I replaced my Taytronic with a Samlex 1500 watt.
Amazon.com: Samlex Solar PST-1500-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter:...

and a Samlex RC-200
DonRowe.com: Samlex RC-200, Power Inverter Remote Control

Upgraded 4 years ago and no issues so far.

see ya
ken

Reply #13
I ended up purchasing the used Taytronics 1500 from Colaw RV.  All is back to normal.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Just ordered a Magnum hybrid inverter/charger,the arc control and the shunt battery monitor from Allen at Bay Marine,they matched
the Amazon price and were very helpful,think the hybrid will help when in the Yukon on that 15 amp service.

Reply #15
Harold, you have some time to figure out what to do when the used Taytronics fails.  Sooner than later.  Good to know what you want to do when you have to, maybe before.

Reply #16
John44 you need to the BTMS go with the rest

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Think that is the part with the shunt the BMK,it's the battery monitor system.

Reply #18
Two parts.  BMS and btms.  Am I wrong? I have both pieces.  

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Think I'll hook up what I got and go from there,it will be more info about battery then I have now.Were not big boondockers or
solar junkies but could always change.

Reply #20
John, I think what Bob is referring to is the battery temp monitor.   The Magnum comes with the battery temp sensor and wiring.

Installing a Magnum Hybrid or Victron Multiplus Inverter.

When you get this inverter/charger please read the install...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Thanks Roger,think my cables are good,the 458 is 2500 watts looks like I have 4/0 size,all this was put in at Foretravel in 06 by
original owner,the 458 is about 60 lbs,the Magnum a little less.

Reply #22
Think I'll hook up what I got and go from there,it will be more info about battery then I have now.Were not big boondockers or
solar junkies but could always change.

John, the BTS (battery...