Skip to main content
Topic: Old Knucklehead has left the building (Read 811 times) previous topic - next topic

Old Knucklehead has left the building

Our friend Paul Dailey passed away recently.  He always had a great smile and was ready to socialize any chance he could.  Kathleen hopes to be able to travel in the coach later with help from us Foreforum members.  I assured her we are ready to help any time.
https://cache.legacy.net/legacy/images/cobrands/Batesville/photos/967c58ab-f2c2-4bca-abed-93fd8db22d5e.jpg
Paul Michael Dailey
Paul Michael Dailey
September 20, 1949 - May 29, 2019

Share this obituary
 Share on Facebook  Share on Twitter  Share in Email
Upload Photo| View/Sign Guest Book| Send Private Condolences
Paul Michael Dailey, age 69, of New Braunfels, Texas passed away on May 29, 2019 in New Braunfels, TX. Paul was a lovely man with a great wit and infectious smile.

He was born on September 20, 1949 to Dr. Franklin and Marcela (Hildebrand) Dailey in Iowa City, Iowa. Shortly later, his family moved to Rockford, Illinois, where he attended grade and high schools. He graduated from Northern Illinois University with a BA in Education and spent several years specializing in adult education.

After moving to Texas, Paul first worked as a counselor at Gary Job Corps in San Marcus. Later, he entered the training field where he worked as a trainer, instructional designer and training manager for various companies including Loffland Brothers Drilling and La Mansion Hotels. In 1990, Paul and his wife Kathleen founded their own company called The Training Department. Traveling and working together, they provided contract training services to a variety of companies across the country. Among others, their clients included Cadillac Division of General Motors, Abbott Labs, Federated Department Stores, USPS, and CPS Energy.

Paul was a member of St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in New Braunfels. He was also an active member of the New Braunfels Elks Lodge.

When Paul was a young boy, his parents bought a summer home on Delevan Lake in Wisconsin where he and his brothers spent their summers, enjoying family, making friends, and learning water sports. It was there that Paul learned to sail, a hobby that he enjoyed the rest of his life. In high school, he enjoyed playing drums with friends in their garage band.

Throughout his life, Paul traveled, exploring the world and making friends. He was especially good at introducing those he thought would enjoy one another's company as he expanded his own circle of friends. When at home, he could often be found down by the river with his Golder Retrievers. After retirement, Paul and Kathleen spent their summers traveling and seeing our beautiful country in their RV.

Paul was preceded in death by his mother and father. He is survived by his wife, Kathleen M. Dailey, of New Braunfels; three brothers, Jeff Dailey (Jan), Jim Dailey (Mary) of Austin, and Scott Dailey of New Braunfels; a sister-in-law, Mary Lee Luskin of Bloomington, Indiana; numerous nieces & nephews and great nieces & nephews; and a beloved dog, Harry the Doodle.

A Funeral Mass will be held on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM at Saints Peter & Paul Catholic Church in New Braunfels.

In lieu of flowers, please consider donations to one of Paul's favorite charities, The Texas Elks Lodge Camp for Special Needs Kids. Donations will be used to help take these kids to Sea World next summer. Please send donations to New Braunfels Elks Lodge, 353 S Seguin Ave, New Braunfels, TX 78130. In the memo, please note: Texas Elks First Lady Project.
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Re: Old Knucklehead has left the building

Reply #1
I enjoyed reading his posts: R.I.P. Knuck!
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'

Reply #2
Ted, Did Kathleen mention what happened? Had he been ill? He was just on the forum not long ago.

R.I.P.  Old Knucklehead.
:(
Justin & Cathy Byrd
1995 U280 "Old Faithful"
36' Build #4673
C8.3 Cummins
Allison MD3060R 6 speed - retarder
Powertech 10KW  4cyl Kubota

Reply #3
Prayers are with him and family.
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #4
Paul had heart problems for a while.  We visited Paul and Kathleen at their home last year while he was recovering from as Paul put it, " a valve job".  He had been in the hospital not long before he passed away.  Paul will be missed.
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Reply #5
Thanks, Ted and Karen.  Paul and Kathleen have been on our list of folks to seek out.  We are sorry to be late.  Our best to Kathleen,  Paul lives on in our hearts and memories.

Reply #6
 :'(  :'(  :'(  I am so sad right now.  I loved Paul.  He was the kindest and sweetest soul and always made me laugh.  He loved to pick on me and always joked that he wished I had more enthusiasm.  I have tears streaming down my face right now.  He was one of the first FoFummers to really make me feel included.  I could always count on him commenting something silly on my posts.  He and Kathleen reached out to us many times inviting us to their place in New Braunfels, even when they wouldn't be there, and now I am sorry that we never took them up on that offer.  I adored him. 

And I still adore Kathleen and their fun loving Harry Doodle.  Harry always wanted to get his chops on our kitty cats.  :P

God bless you, Paul.  I will miss your laughter and eyes lighting up when you smiled.  You were one of my favorites.  "Floor it. "
The selected media item is not currently available.Amanda and Douglas
Lily *meow* (RIP 7/19/23) and B.T. *meow* (RIP 9/12/18)
1997 U320 40' - "Brawley"
Motorcade #17266
Escapee #113692

Reply #7
I was wondering about Old Knucklehead just the other day.
Sad news. RIP

Reply #8
We are so sorry to hear about Paul.  We had a nice visit with him and Kathleen at their home last April.  He was still recovering from his surgery, but was anxious to see and learn about our electric bikes.  Soon after that, he ordered a RadMini and was very enthusiastic about riding it around his neighborhood and getting back in shape.

He was a really good guy, and they were both fun to be around.  Our sincere condolences to Kathleen and their family.
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #9
Sandy and I loved meeting Paul, Kathleen and Harry at the Un-Rally in Charleston a few years ago. Thoughts and prayers sent to Kathleen. RIP Paul.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #10
Sad to hear this. I had met and talked with him a number of times over the years.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #11
RIP my friend.....Kathleen we are here to support you....stay strong.
Hans & Marjet
1995 U300 "Ben" (#4719)
3176B Cat,4060HD,Jake
SKP#139131
Motorcade#17579
2006 Honda Element (towed)

Reply #12
An infectious sense of humor. Floor it, Paul.
jor

Reply #13
After our engine overhaul a couple of years ago we were invited to spend a couple of days at their place. We really enjoyed the visit, and then we met them when we had the air bags replaced. They were next door at MOT having some work done and recognized our coach.

We're praying for Kathleen and family.

Reply #14
I met Paul and Kathleen in Charleston, Sc at the UnRalley and really enjoyed meeting him. He was a heck of a nice guy. He had a smile that just told you, I like to have fun! He was totally into how I was cooking the pork BBQ and loved the Turds I pulled off the smoker also. I am blessed to have been foretunate to meet him. RIP
91 GV U300 Unihome 40' Build 3811
6V92TA Detroit