Skip to main content

Topic: Ouch, Windshield (Read 648 times) previous topic - next topic

Ouch, Windshield
Raised the coach yesterday to find an air leak.
I used the raise button and up it went on 3 corners but not the rear passenger side, I had to manually raise that side. This morning went to start buffing the mirror arms and the first thing I see...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Ouch, Windshield
Reply #1
Mine does the exact same thing, only the left rear bleeds off first. I have looked and looked for an air leak, I havnt found it yet. I do have the kits to rebuild the 6 packs, which I haven't gotten to yet. It takes about 3 days to bleed down....

Reply #2
Our windshield is not glued in and moves around a lot. When we start to get a draft into the coach while driving, I put a suction cup on it and move it back. I'm afraid to glue it into place. The coach creaks a lot when making a transition onto a...

Reply #3
That was one expensive leak I found!

No glass coverage?

• NancyS
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Let's talk about the crack, has anyone used a crack repair service?

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Let's talk about the crack, has anyone used a crack repair service?
after the crack get larger than a dime or quarter.. not fixable as I have read.. I have a 3ft one I would like to patch lol

Reply #6
Got to check the insurance tomorrow, got glass coverage on n my cars!
There is no fixing this crack, in the curve bottom and most of the way to the top.
Going to Nag this November, may save it for then if it holds up.

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Our windshield is not glued in and moves around a lot. When we start to get a draft into the coach while driving, I put a suction cup on it and move it back. I'm afraid to glue it...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
The Glass guy had a few choice words for folks that glue windows in a design not meant to be glued (because of the flexing)

Lots of opinions on this. RV Glass Solutions uses urethane on our bus Foretravel windshields.
(Expert Nationwide RV...

• NancyS
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
About the crack, this looks interesting     Redding Crackmaster

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Raised the coach yesterday to find an air leak.
I used the raise button and up it went on 3 corners but not the rear passenger side, I had to manually raise that side. This morning went to start...

Reply #11
My glass is floating in a gasket and it may well be 30 years old as some of the edges are cloudy. I had to shoehorn one edge back into place due to flexing I presume and old rubber shrinkage and or stiffness. It's in my barely spent budget but...

Reply #12
Well apparently this is more common than I thought...I cracked mine from top to bottom the other day when the front passenger bags would not deflate after raising it manually due to uneven spot at campground...that sucks

Reply #13
Owners of GVs must definitely be aware of what is going on in the windshield area.  If you start hearing a creaking or groaning sound, you are nearing the DANGER point.  Ours makes the noises going up steep driveway entrances and across drainage...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
If your windshield "sweats"in cold weather (and most do) put some towels at the base of the windshield to catch the runoff moisture before it goes down behind the dash. Also, do what you can to get the moisture in the coach air out of the coach.

Reply #15
How long is it taking to get a replacement windshield?

Reply #16
How long is it taking to get a replacement windshield?

You need to tell us where you are to know that.

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
I'm at FOT. Just had my passenger windshield changed. Took 2 days. 1 afternoon & 1 morning. It was a difficult install. Made appointment last week. The service department is busy but not swamped.

see ya
ken

Reply #18
I believe I call Safelite once I arrive in Fairbanks

Reply #19
My 2cents worth......

I would think a windshield replacement would be cheaper in the lower 48 or Canada, than it would cost in Fairbanks, AK.....??

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
I believe I call Safelite once I arrive in Fairbanks
I would wait till you are out of Alaska.. might get some chips or cracks while traveling

Unless you are staying.

Reply #21
Extreme loves you guys that take your nice coaches to Alaska.
Not me.