Skip to main content
Topic: HWH Moscow, Iowa (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

HWH Moscow, Iowa

Appointment next week for repairs at HWH in Moscow, Iowa.

A day's drive and then waiting for repairs then hopefully returning the next day.  For those of you who have been there, do you think that it is necessary to have a vehicle to drive while I am there?

Thinking about leaving the toad at home.

Thanks for your help!
Don & Sue
2009 NImbus 38
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

Re: HWH Moscow, Iowa

Reply #1
It is not actually in Moscow.  It is just off the interstate. There really is nothing nearby and their waiting room is quite basic.  The Kum and Go station across the freeway usually has pretty good fuel prices. If you have a car you can drive up to Tipton to the Tipton Family Restaurant where prices are fair and portions are farmer sized.  And the pies are great.  Drive around town, nice small town.

We are about 5 hrs north.

Reply #2
I'm scheduled for June 27.  We always take our tow vehicle.  We get there the night before. 

You can visit the Worlds Largest Truck Stop the I-80 TA.  They have a nice store, great food and a nice museum.  It's only about 20 minutes away on I80.
John M.

i 80 truck stop - Google Search
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #3
All the above are true.
HWH is the best! They only charge you for what it takes to fix the problem. not to figure out how to fix it.
You will love it when they drive you Foretravel on to the second story rack. Not for the faint of heart.
Dick & Sue
'99 U320, 36'
2015 F150 4x4 Supercrew
M & G with brakeaway system
Blue Ox Avail 10,000# tow bar
Grosse Ile, Mi.

Reply #4
One thing to be aware of is they will likely find some air leaks in your system. They only repair leaks directly associated with the HWH system. They tag any other leaks with zip ties. You can ask the guy doing the leak inspection to show you all of those zip ties. I took a few photos for future reference.
jor

Reply #5
What magic are they using to detect those leaks?  I've sprayed so much bubble solution...one miserable leak found.  Bout ready to pump that sucker full of freon and use my leak detector......hmmm.
"Not so  long ago we were a nation of risk takers, riding five million pounds of  thrust straight into space."  Joe Gresh
Chuck Pearson
1996 U295
2018 Can Am X3 TurboRS

Reply #6
Need to use the red die in the freon and a leak detection light... in a dark cave but only on the second tues of every other off month while supplies last and of course "as seen on tv"..  :))

I dont play a mechanic on tv but I do when I work on my Foretravel!! ^.^d

Patience Grasshopper ... and lots of bubbles lol. Thinking maybe a dunk tank like they do with a tire but on a grander scale haaaa

Reply #7
"You will love it when they drive you Foretravel on to the second story rack. Not for the faint of heart." They couldn't finish us up in one day, and had various parts in pieces, so we spent the night there. Interesting!

They did find quite a few leaks and tagged them. I think all of those leaks have been fixed, but I'm sure that new ones have appeared. Both six-packs were leaking badly, and they didn't have two new ones already made up, so they made two of them for us.

While you are there be sure to take a look at the MH they are building. It has some interesting features. I understand that the design has changed a few times as they build.

Reply #8

This stuff has worked pretty well for me
Amazon.com: Snoop Leak 8OZ-Snoop Snoop Leak Detector, 8 oz.: Gateway
But I still have leaks, a never ending quest.  You have to learn to live with a few.

Reply #9
I've sprayed so much bubble solution...one miserable leak found.
Same here. I finally gave up and consider the leakdown a feature.
jor

Reply #10
We didn't want to stay in a motel with the dog, and begged to be allowed to sleep in our coach while the bladder was being replaced. The slide was out. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!  Little did we know they run night shifts!!! All lights were on inside. Lots of loud noises all night long. We just laughed at our bad call. Bring your toad. Great people.
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Reply #11
Once you meet Ashley Burkle (receptionist +) and Lon, you will know why HWH is such a great place to take your coach. They do everything to get you taken care of and at a fair price.
After our "turn" almost two years ago I still keep in touch.
An anecdote for you: While there Lon could not get over how clean our 1989 coach was. So much so that he told one of his workers that he HAD to get under the coach and see how clean it was/is.
After everything was taken care of I did tell Lon that I pressure washed and cleaned the underside of the coach so they could work on the leveling system without having to clean it first. He replied that it just showed how much pride I have in our Foretravel Grand Villa.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #12
Question about a HWH factory visit.  We'd like to take our coach in this fall and just have them check out the system(s).  Will they do that even if you don't have a specific problem?  I'm sure there are some leaks, but at this point they are not causing any issues. 

George
The selected media item is not currently available.
George Hatfield

Never ever use World Line Motors of Nacogdoches for service!

Reply #13
  We'd like to take our coach in this fall and just have them check out the system(s).  Will they do that even if you don't have a specific problem? 

George,

Yes as they have in the past, unless something has changed recently.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #14
Leak check on the rack was $49 a couple years ago.  add in a basic function test and it should be under $100.

They replaces a pin lock sensor for me two years ago, 1.5 hrs in and out the door. $90 + the sensor.

Reply #15
Yes,  they will check system for leaks and repair any HWH related leaks, and tag those leaks (such as brakes) that are not HWH related for repair by others.
Tim Fiedler    2000  Foretravel U-320 4010
2000 Chevy Tracker 2 Door Convertible 4WD Now lifted 4.5"
1985 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston
Murphy Rebel on wheels with 175HP Titan
Cessna 185 on Aerocet 3500 straight floats. (1/4 share)
1980 48' Westport MY (!/4 Share)

Reply #16
Thanks everybody for the replies and good information.

I talked to Ashley today to confirm my appointment.  Likely repairs will not take all day.  I plan to hang around and observe the process.

I will report the results when I return next week.
Don & Sue
2009 NImbus 38
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad