Driving Lights

This is big! New Hella covers.
jor

Re: Driving Lights

Reply #1
This is big! New Hella covers.
jor
Hola Tocayo,
Do they fit the original lights? Where did you order them?
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #3
Worthless. You're driving into fog, and (if the coach is wired right) you go to the Hellas with the mains off ( with your spotlight to take a look at the fog markers) it's then you realize the COVERS ARE STILL ON!  :facepalm:
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'

Reply #4
Do they fit the original lights? Where did you order them?

Got them on Amazon. They fit but I put a little silicone on them to make sure. I never remove them. Just like the look.
jor

Reply #5
We used to drive through the 'fog prone' area of N California. We had our Hellas wired so the mains could be off.  Had heard the CHIPs did not like running just fogs. We were very carefull using our spotlight to follow the fog line and avoided bothering oncoming traffic with the spot on. Never in twenty years did anyone complain! Sure is a safe way to drive in the fog!  b^.^d
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'

Reply #6
Mark,
We seen those also.  Wasn't sure if those were the ones.

Jor,
We don't use the fog lights but they will keep them from getting broken from rocks. 
Thanks, John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #7
Mark,
We seen those also.  Wasn't sure if those were the ones.

Jor,
We don't use the fog lights but they will keep them from getting broken from rocks. 
Thanks, John M.
John & Carm Morales

Reply #8
While at the diesel repair shop they have a great selection of LED lights that will go in that spot Instead of the Hellas so I got 2 and will make a plate to fit them onto then mount it in place. Tried one in the shop and they throw a heck of a beam about 40 feet at least. Not a flood but beam so will have to make sure there is a small downward tilt.
JohnH
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #9
Hey jcus...what are the driving lights on our 34' that you installed.  These things are wonderful during daytime and at night I'd take them over the factory even with the LED bulbs you installed.
Randy (N4TDT) and Karen Crete
Sarasota, Florida
2000 U270 34' WTFE Build 5756 "Ole Red"
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Reply #11
Did some work on mine and epoxed led bulbs as replacements,are much brighter,had to old covers but as brittle as rock candy.
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #12
Got same or similar on our coach as Dave (john44) will attest. I mainly use them for driving lights during the day, seeing as how we don't do much night driving. Kind of alerts those idiots that can't see a 11'4"high x 36' long x 90" wide white thing coming at them.
Voltage meter doesn't move at all when I turn the LED lights on.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #13
I replaced our old Hellas with some Dually LED Floodlights by Rigid Industries.  Have been very happy with them.

What did you do to your coach today IV
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #14
I also installed the auxbeam spot lights work well
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO
89 GV ored 36' #3405 300 hp cat 3208 ATAAC side radiator, mountain tamer exhaust brake