Skip to main content

Topic: Leak in the FreshWater Tank… (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic

Leak in the FreshWater Tank…
This weekend I decided to clean out the freshwater tank in my 86 Grand Villa, located upfront between the driver and passenger seats. Additionally, I planned on installing a new water level gauge since the original gauge system was ineffective...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Leak in the FreshWater Tank…
Reply #1
https://www.facebook.com/ogrenengineering/photos/a.2051630988211580/2051631858211493/?type=3&theater
  I had the same issues.   I remounted the tank directly to the frame instead of hanging it inside the body

• NancyS
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Had same problem few years back, fixed it with a hot iron

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Another fix for a small hole is a stainless steel self tapping screw with a rubber washer under a stainless washer.  Works on all sorts of tanks.  Not so well on an aluminum tank, use a aluminum screw and washer on that.

Keith

Reply #4
Keith,

Great idea!  The only issue I had was the leak was at a stress point (the corner of the lower and upper part meet) and I didn't think that solution would work... that said I've not outed that type of repair in the flex tape fails... Thanks Bob

Reply #5
Keith,

Great idea!  The only issue I had was the leak was at a stress point (the corner of the lower and upper part meet) and I didn't think that solution would work... that said I've not outed...