Skip to main content

Topic: ZEP Hi-Gloss floor finish for exterior gelcoat (Read 414 times) previous topic - next topic

ZEP Hi-Gloss floor finish for exterior gelcoat
Several years ago I was looking for a solution to remedy my low luster gelcoat. I came upon Poly Coat that people sang high praise for. It was brought up that ZEP hi-Gloss floor finish accomplished the same result for much less money.
I bought...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: ZEP Hi-Gloss floor finish for exterior gelcoat
Reply #1
In the rv biz we called the zep "mop and glow"  good for faded dull coaches if you had no mercy on the new owners.

Reply #2
This guy seems to have it down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbrSSXTmW5U

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Have used ZEP products for years professionally.  Good company but wrong application for a floor polish!

Make it easier use a garden sprayer for the remover.

Keith

Reply #4
Have used ZEP products for years professionally.  Good company but wrong application for a floor polish!

Make it easier use a garden sprayer for the remover.

Keith

With the remover it comes...

Reply #5
Cindy kept our gelcoat looking like new and attached is her writeup.

Reply #6
Lon,
If it were me I would tape off and drape plastic around the entire coach right at the gutter level so you don't get any stripper and wax residue from the roof on the rest of the coach.  This way you can hose off the cleaned sections without...

Reply #7
My go to plan is now, wet with hot remover, let it sit for a few minutes, hit it hard with the power washer. The ZEP comes off in sheets. Repeat process.
The detailer inspected the area I did and said if I can get the entire coach that way his 600...

Reply #8
Lon,

Does your coach have decals, or is it painted?  If decals, will they be OK with this removal process?  Or are you removing everything and going 100% white gel coat?

Reply #9
Sounds like you guys have refined the process.  Good to hear you've got it on the run cause I'm going to be doing the same in the near future....unless you're going into the zep stripping business! :D

Have a question if you don't mind.  How are you...

Reply #10
I removed almost all the decals a couple years ago. I kept the bottom stripes and the front and rear decals. I have a entire decal set that I planed, at the time to use. After I stripped off the side decals I liked the clean look of no decals as...