Skip to main content
Topic: Foretravel Dominoes (Read 614 times) previous topic - next topic

Foretravel Dominoes

Last trip the hot water heater popped the pressure valve. Reset and it popped a second time. Worked just fine on previous trip, but cold showers for a week. Replaced the pop off valve, sat outside and watched it run through a cycle. Finally gas valve shut off, no pop, but then the water pump starts running. Look under coach, go inside and water is pouring out from under sink. The water filter cartridge has "popped loose" and water running. Filter was hung and after much straining and cursing the filter came out, but would not go back in correctly. Ordered a new filter holder, decided now was the time to replace the kitchen faucet with a slight leak around base. Installed new filter holder, new kitchen faucet, testing for leaks and see that the small water filter faucet is also leaking. Research replacement and ordered it tonight.
1998 36 foot U270 Build No. 5328 WTFE, 900 watts solar, Victron controller, B2B, bat monitor, 600 AMPH lithium with 2018 Chevy Colorado toad, SKP #110239, Motorcade #17781, retired and full-timer since Dec. 2020. Part of RV family since 1963.

Re: Foretravel Dominoes

Reply #1
Sorry for the visit from Uncle Murphy, but it happens, especially when we start on plumbing.  Touch one thing and the the small movement on our older coaches starts a chain reaction.  Been there, done that.                    ^.^d
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Reply #2
Had the same issue with that under the cabinet filter.  Had ordered new ones and fought the locking ring before success.  Will be changing that filter assembly out when my last filter is changed.  HD or Lowe's, here I come!
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #3
I saw the topic and thought your were trying to get a game up. Sorry for your troubles. I do appreciate the information you shared. btw they sell a pretty decent set in the gift shop at FOT.
Brad & Melanie
2003 U320 3820 1st timer
'97 TJ and/or '85 CJ7

Reply #4
Once there was a popular saying that every plumbing job requires three visits to the hardware store. I always go to a different store the third time and the employees think I am a plumbing genius!! (at least I think they do).
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #5
Never forget that a coach is an efficiency apartment that lives through an earthquake every time you take it down the road.
Carol & Jeff Savournin
Usta have a '93 U225 36', Usta have a '95 U320 40', Usta have a '02 U320 40'
Usta have a 2006 Born Free, Usta have a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser
Usta have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4dr
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."  Steve Jobs