Skip to main content

Topic: Air Pressure (Read 742 times) previous topic - next topic

Air Pressure
On my 01 36', my front pressure gauge started showing low?  I used it last week with no issues. Parked it, and now when I start it, the rear pressure gauge comes right up to 125 psi, but the front gauge shows between 0 and 25 psi and the alarm...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Air Pressure
Reply #1
Are you able to get to ride height? Gauge might be bad?

1 way Valve might be stuck.

Mine has one right off the tank. Looks like a mini gas valve for the bbq

Reply #2
Yes I can get ride height. I can raise it all the way up, down, etc., front and rear.  Which tank would the 1 way valve be ? I have 2 tanks in front and one in back.  Is it like a solenoid type valve ?
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I am. It sure where the alarm is tied in.. maybe try swapping the gauges ? Not sure which tank is which under their .. sounds like you have pressure .. just no gauge.

Maybe tap the gauge with a finger

Reply #4
I am. It sure where the alarm is tied in.. maybe try swapping the gauges ? Not sure which tank is which under their .. sounds like you have pressure .. just no gauge.

Maybe tap the gauge with a...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
If no pressure to the brakes .. they would not release?

Reply #6
Post (by Roger) linked below includes a air system diagram for 2001 U320.  Should be the same, or close, to OP's 2001 U295.

Air goes from wet tank directly to front and rear tanks.  There is a check valve at inlet to front and rear tanks.  I think...

Reply #7
Found another thread pertaining to the OP's model year coach.  Has more informative posts by Roger.  Apparently on the 2001 model coaches, the signal from the air tank pressure sensors goes to a mysterious "gray box" which then relays the info to...

Reply #8
On mine there is something in the gray box that failed.  Apparently it is not repairable or replaceable. The pressure transducer at the tanks and the wiring checked out.  The electronic gauge seemed OK as well.  The unfortunate result of this is...

Reply #9
Thank you very much to all, the information provided here will be very valuable in my quest to find the issue.

Reply #10
Hi Mark,

Your 2001 problem has some similarities to our 2002 coach. Our buzzer/alarm also wouldn't stop sounding one morning at Grand Canyon. Had to disconnect it. The OEM FT electrical pressure gauges read low one tank and high in the other. We...

Reply #11
If no pressure to the brakes .. they would not release?
No air pressure, the front brakes can't be set and the rear won't release.  And on my antique GV no throttle. Still not as bad as a 70s...

Reply #12
Swapped the sending units from the rear to front tank, and then the problem jumped to the rear gauge and showed no pressure.  I now have a new sending unit on order.
A question I have is ...while under the coach following air lines and making sure...

Reply #13
Mark,

One is for the step cover piston
One is for the outside step pistons
One is for the air to the front air bags. This is to keep the front from coming up too fast in relation to the rear when you go into travel mode.
They are OEM

Mike

Reply #14
Thanks Mike, were these factory installed ?  Being that they were black plastic adjustable knobs, I assumed they were added. 
Thanks again for the information. I really appreciate it.

Reply #15
were these factory installed ?  .

Yes they were put on at the factory during assembly.
They are hid down there to keep some owners from constantly tinkering with them.

Mike

Reply #16
Mike, Thank you for the info. I am learning.........
By chance, do you know what they should be set at ?
Thanks again,  Mark

Reply #17
By chance, do you know what they should be set at ?

Mark,
The last time I replaced mine the step cover and step regulators are set at #60.
This can vary with different coaches and how the Noreg...

• Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 06:28:42 am by Pamela & Mike

Reply #18
Thank you very much.  Not sure what I'd do without this Forum and people like you.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
My steps shuts at 60 psi.. when key is on and I am waiting to build pressure

Reply #20
 Mark,

Just looked up the pressure for my front air suspension regulator and it is set at #45.  I went back and changed the previous post to keep from causing more confusion.

Mike

Reply #21
Thanks again Mike !

Reply #22
Any suggestion on brand to use and is it 1/4 npt?

Reply #23
Any suggestion on brand to use and is it 1/4 npt?

This is what we put in our FT when we had it.  That was after 2 failed (one right out of the box) pricey ones from FOT

Air leak up front -- need...

Reply #24
Michelle,

Amazing how you guys can find this info so fast, I can look at threads all day and not find what I am looking for.

Thanks again!
Tommy