Skip to main content
Topic: Slide Edges need resealing... (Read 555 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide Edges need resealing...

Hello,
I just read an older post and Rodger mentioned resealing the leading edges of the slide. I checked my slide and it could use a repair. Can anyone suggest a good product ? It appears as originally it had a white, solid material , probably from the factory.
Thanks, Safe Travels,
Dave
2001 U320 40ft
Build #5867
2003 Tracker
VE7DOD

Re: Slide Edges need resealing...

Reply #2
I suggested 3M 4200 UV

Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining

I got some black  Usually have white on hand.  I have looked closely at my seal area and am not sure the effort is worth it now. It looks pretty good.  I would use a good painter's tape to keep things tidy.

Reply #3
Speaking of good painters tape, I have found this to be the best I have ever used for caulking, painting, etc.With a little practice, you can snap it off in a clean right angle. You can also make gentle curves with it (can stretch, unlike the paper based stuff), removes easily in one pull yet sticks and seals very well. Must be reverse engineered fro Area 51 tech ;D . Somewhat costly at about $10 a roll, but worth it to me.
Don
Ultra Sharp Lines
I suggested 3M 4200 UV

Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining

I got some black  Usually have white on hand.  I have looked closely at my seal area and am not sure the effort is worth it now. It looks pretty good.  I would use a good painter's tape to keep things tidy.

The selected media item is not currently available.
Don & Tys
1999 U270 3602 WTFE #5402
Xtreme Stage 1 w/Headlight, Step Conversion, etc.
2009 Honda Fit Sport with Navi
Freedom is NOT "just another word for nothing left to lose"... with apologies to Kris Kristofferson

Reply #4
Don, I'll have to try that, I don't spray a lot any more but one of the most frustrating things about painting is you "do everything right"
then when the tape is pulled off there is seepage behind the tape-- very frustrating
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #5
I have some of the 3M ScotchBlue tape, works great.  If I want to be sure of a tight line I roll the tape with a 1" wide soft (not foam) rubber roller.  Seems to help.

Reply #6
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try !!
Safe Travels
Dave
2001 U320 40ft
Build #5867
2003 Tracker
VE7DOD