Skip to main content

Topic: Slide Edges need resealing... (Read 296 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide Edges need resealing...
Hello,
I just read an older post and Rodger mentioned resealing the leading edges of the slide. I checked my slide and it could use a repair. Can anyone suggest a good product ? It appears as originally it had a white, solid material , probably...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Slide Edges need resealing...
Reply #1

Reply #2
I suggested 3M 4200 UV

Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining

I got some black  Usually have white on hand.  I have looked closely at my seal area and am not sure the effort is worth it now. It looks pretty good.  I would use a good painter's tape...

Reply #3
Speaking of good painters tape, I have found this to be the best I have ever used for caulking, painting, etc.With a little practice, you can snap it off in a clean right angle. You can also make gentle curves with it (can stretch, unlike the...

Reply #4
Don, I'll have to try that, I don't spray a lot any more but one of the most frustrating things about painting is you "do everything right"
then when the tape is pulled off there is seepage behind the tape-- very frustrating
Chris

Reply #5
I have some of the 3M ScotchBlue tape, works great.  If I want to be sure of a tight line I roll the tape with a 1" wide soft (not foam) rubber roller.  Seems to help.

Reply #6
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try !!
Safe Travels
Dave