Skip to main content

Topic: electric exhaust fan in my electric bay is running 24/7 (Read 339 times) previous topic - next topic

• cdm
  • [*][*]
electric exhaust fan in my electric bay is running 24/7
The electric exhaust fan in my electric bay is running 24/7. It is wired into a junction box that has some type of round button size device on the cover. see attached 2 pics.
Outside temps here in Vermont and in bay are nothing unusual, probably...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: electric exhaust fan in my electric bay is running 24/7
Reply #1
The electric exhaust fan in my electric bay is running 24/7. It is wired into a junction box that has some type of round button size device on the cover. see attached 2 pics.
Outside temps here in...

Reply #2
Good advice.

Also, not a bad idea for everyone to check theirs and make sure it will turn the fan on when needed.  Just need a hair dryer or a heat gun blowing on the thermostat.  On mine, my converter/battery charger shut down from over heat. ...

• qcj
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
I check mine when it is running all the time, of course it is hot here, but what I do is take a ice cube and hold it against the button at the bottom of the control and the fan will stop if it is working correctly.

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Upgraded some battery wiring from 3/0 to 4/0 today, and ran one ac on inverter [in electronics bay] and solar for about 30 minutes to test. Blower in electronics bay came on after about 15 min. Temp in electronics bay was about 105 f. Of course...

• cdm
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
Thanks to Jim for recommending the switch from Grainger. I ordered it, now have it, 2 pictures attached. It did not come with any instructions. Can someone tell me how to set it. I can turn the center, slotted portion which turns the arrow. Is...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Thanks to Jim for recommending the switch from Grainger. I ordered it, now have it, 2 pictures attached. It did not come with any instructions. Can someone tell me how to set it. I can turn the...