Skip to main content
Topic: ZipDee Doo Da (NX Upgrade) (Read 658 times) previous topic - next topic

ZipDee Doo Da (NX Upgrade)

I finally got around to doing the Zip Dee NX awning upgrade which swaps ends on the diagonal rafter bar. Thanks to those that sent me photos. I think this is a great upgrade. Deploying and storing the big awning is much simpler. Anyhow, for those that might want to do it, Zip Dee provides good instructions and here's the issues I ran into in doing mine.

Position of Front Bracket: I think there are slight variations in the original awning install. For example, some have been able to install the top bracket right up against the front cap trim while others have had to make adjustments. In my case, I had to notch the trim and form the bracket to the cap to get the new rafter to fit correctly.

Sliders: I have those vertical sliders which allow you to raise the main arm and save your scalp. When I tried to install the upgrade the new rafters were completely compressed. That's when I noticed that there are two anchor settings on the sliders. I had to move the big arm down to the lower one to get the rafter to fit right. This drops the awing about 3/4".

Porch Light: Because the awning is slightly lower, I had to relocate the porch light about 1/2" lower.

jor

Re: ZipDee Doo Da (NX Upgrade)

Reply #1
It is one of the best upgrades you can do. Makes using the awning much easier.
Jon Ohman
2001 U320 36'
Build #5809

Reply #2
How much is it?
1998 U270 34'

Reply #3
How much is it?
Can't find the invoice but I think it was $240 or so. You'll have to give them a call I guess.
jor

Reply #4
Jor,
Muchas gracias for the post.  I never knew there was an upgrade kit for the large awning.  We will be ordering the upgrade kit or since we are an hour away from Zip Dee we can go there and pick up the parts.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."