Skip to main content
Topic: RV Repair/Service in Los Angeles  (Read 582 times) previous topic - next topic

RV Repair/Service in Los Angeles

Hi,

I'm looking for any recommendations or information on reputable RV repair and service in Los Angeles for my FT. I'm mostly interested in items like slides, AC, hydro hot, electrical, and other components. I already have an engine and trans shop.

I checked the FT list of recommendations but none are in Los Angeles and I'd like to stay within 30 miles.

I don't have a need for any repairs or service at this time but wanted to do my research in case anything comes up that I can't fix myself.

Thanks
Pat

Re: RV Repair/Service in Los Angeles

Reply #1
Temecula Valley Rv is who I could recommend as they have worked on several Foretravles. Ask for Erik.. Tell him David from Las Vegas sent you.. Very capable company.. Hard to find anyone who understands Foretravels.. Worth the drive

Reply #2
Temecula Valley RV is the only place to go in SoCal  for FT slide issues.

I use Benlo in Irwindale for RV maintenance and Mitch's in Azusa for chassis.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Reply #3
Have not been there, but have heard 'Colton Truck Terminal' in Colton, Ca. Is good. Because of location I use Temecula Valley RV IN Murrieta, Ca. In fact, I just picked up the coach from there for a slide bladder replacement.
Richard & Betty Bark & Keiko our Golden Doodle
2003 U320T 3820 PBDS
Build # 6215
MC # 16926
2016 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4 diesel

Reply #4
Thank you for the feedback- I'll keep checking for anything in the Los Angeles area.

Reply #5
I have been to Colton twice. One good experience, one not so good. The first experience was a full fluid and filter change out to get a baseline before our first trip. Also, the left front wheel seal, and a lube. The tech was competent and courteous. The second time, I got the shop foreman working on the coach because somebody called in sick. This was for an oil change, right rear wheel seal, and replacing the pressure relief valve on the wet tank. The foreman had a helper do part of it (the oil change, relief valve, and something else I forget now) and they got out of synch somehow. The guy changing the pressure relief valve needed the coach raised up to access the relief valve, and the foreman hadn't yet put the axle nut on after putting the seal in the hub. Anyway, the caliper moved while raising the coach and cause the hub to shift, ruining the seal. At least that is the gist of it, as it was four or five years ago. Well, the foreman was not in a good mood for the rest of the job as was expressing how much he hated motorhomes, f'ing this and f'ing that. It was like jekyll and hyde! He redid the work and although he didn't charge me twice for the seal, he charged me the extra time it took to rectify his mistake. Ultimately, the work was done adequately but the extra time charged and continuous stream of insults to the very idea of motor coaches in general left me with a bad taste. That said, I think Colton Truck terminal is okay and generally does competent work (they have a steady stream of business and appointments are generally necessary to get in), but I don't know that I will use them again. Aside from the fact that I almost always prefer to do it myself if I have the place to work, I have had too many disappointing results from 'professionals'.
Don
Have not been there, but have heard 'Colton Truck Terminal' in Colton, Ca. Is good. Because of location I use Temecula Valley RV IN Murrieta, Ca. In fact, I just picked up the coach from there for a slide bladder replacement.
The selected media item is not currently available.
Don & Tys
1999 U270 3602 WTFE #5402
Xtreme Stage 1 w/Headlight, Step Conversion, etc.
2009 Honda Fit Sport with Navi
Freedom is NOT "just another word for nothing left to lose"... with apologies to Kris Kristofferson

Reply #6
All good reputable shops.

I use Rincon truck service in San Clemente, ca as they are a large volume Cummins dealer.

My electro/mechanical systems guy is an old friend who was vogues quality control manager when vogue was in the San Fernando valley.

He was one of the three guys who started coach net. 

He was the local warranty and repair guy here for Newell for many years.

Bill and I were bluebird sales guys together 30 years ago.

He mentioned fixing a almost new IH45 as the aqua hot unit would not function on either shore power or the gen I cannot remember which and after he fixed it Foretravel questioned his warranty claim as they stated the coach had worked when shipped. 

He found a diode installed backwards in a circuit and he told the factory that obviously they had not run the unit that way as it could not work. 

Oh.  They paid his bill.

He used his sources to actually fix my audit system.  Had a bad internal in the circuit box coil. 

His main business is bluebirds,country coaches, Newell's and bus conversion's.  And he fixed all the Oakley sales fifth wheels that they had parked due to constant issues with the original builders.

Bill park rv and marine. Dana point? 

Long wait normally.  One guy two outdoor stalls.

Worked  on quite a few Foretravels recently.

I Save him for the technical stuff.  Had a fault light show up on my magnum me-arc panel last week.

Tomorrow we will see if it's a voltage spike from a bad neutral maybe in the transfer box and whether it's on shorepower or the gen

If gen I will take it to Rincon for repair as he does not do that kind of repairs.

My go to guy. 

"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #7
McBrides in Chino Hills does really good work. They service all brands and are authorized Aqua Hot, Cummins and several others. I know they do a good job on body work. I do not know specifically about slides.
2017 Realm LVB/ 2011 Edge

Reply #8
I will tell you this.. if the company chosen is Not familiar with the Foretravel slide bladder it can fall apart after/ Not seal or worse/ tear or rip. It is a sensitive area and if not prepped correctly you will have to start over... If the bladder fails.. You will buy another... depending on which one is needed it can run $1300-1800 approx just for the bladder and Labor/ Parts $$$ again.... Not worth the chance... if you have to drive a couple hours so be it... Do it right the first time.. No guessing and no worries.

Thats just me though..Take for what its worth

Reply #9
I second what David said.
Richard & Betty Bark & Keiko our Golden Doodle
2003 U320T 3820 PBDS
Build # 6215
MC # 16926
2016 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4 diesel