Skip to main content

Topic: air leaking, what is this? (Read 348 times) previous topic - next topic

air leaking, what is this?
Air is leaking from the fitting in the first picture where my index finger is touching.  Just jumped under, after blocking, to get a quick picture of the leak to asses.  Fitting is on part of the lines going to the front air tank.  Can't get eyes...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: air leaking, what is this?
Reply #1
That is an air pressure regulator, just like what you will find on a typical air home shop compressor. This is probably either for the step cover or the drop down step. Or if it is up front, for the front brake tanks air suspension. I purchased a...

Reply #2
Thanks Don, So if it is leaking it needs to be replaced?

On an air compressor it has a dial that you can adjust the kick off pSI, what should it be set to?

Reply #3
My regulator is set to 60 psi.

Reply #4
It depends on what the regulator is controlling, but Mike posted that info in this thread. Air Pressure
From Mike;
The last time I replaced mine the step cover and step regulators are set at #60.
This can vary with different coaches and how...

Reply #5
For the front air springs, 45 psi seems a little low, but I bow to Mike's info, since he is usually spot on. I am not clear on how the regulator can bet set to 45 PSI, yet to raise the front...

• Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:40:19 am by Chuck & Jeannie

Reply #6
Don,

On our coach the ride height air is set at about #45 and comes off before the protection valve. The air that feeds the raise side of our manifold is what ever the front tank pressure is and comes off behind the protection valve. In other...

Reply #7
Tommy,

Last week I bought a front six pack regulator from Grainger, #4ZM08. Actually, I bought two; one to replace the leaking one, and one to carry on-board for a spare, since it's the same regulator used for the step and step well cover.

All,

Reply #8
Greg,

Your "regulator" theory seems as reasonable as any other I have heard.  But then I wonder, If this was the intention of the Foretravel engineers, why not fit a regulator to the supply air line for both 6-packs?  Is the suspension design not...

Reply #9
Chuck,

As you say, the rear end is heavier, much heavier. The rear is regulated to 120 PSI +/- by the compressor unloader. Close enough for four air springs supporting 20k Lbs? Maybe.

Reply #10
Greg,

Guess that makes perfect sense.  If the air pressure required to lift a given weight follows a linear relationship, then twice the weight would require twice the pressure.  So on my coach, where the actual front axle load is almost exactly ...