Skip to main content

Topic: Replace 1996 10k kubota only fuel lines (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic

Replace 1996 10k kubota only fuel lines
Read through archives, mostlt dealt with entire fuel lines. Looks like 3 sections of same hose,and 2 smaller hoses going to injectors.
Guessing original formed clamp can be cut and
Replaced with worm drive?
Hopefull0y not much diesel fuel...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Replace 1996 10k kubota only fuel lines
Reply #1
I would use the proper size spring clamps on those small lines. 

Reply #2
Not clear on what you are trying to do here. Replace all hoses or just one or two? Don't use the worm hose clamp. Use fuel injection clamps as they don't damage the hose. See this link for clamp and potential damage typical clamps can do. Fuel...

Reply #3
Not clear on what you are trying to do here. Replace all hoses or just one or two? Don't use the worm hose clamp. Use fuel injection clamps as they don't damage the hose. See this...

Reply #4
Added another photo with 5 circled hoses  i want to replace.  The small hose near yellow oil fill cap has tiny spring clamps.

Reply #5
Pierce..i'm ready to do the same, is the size 5/16 ?. just ordered 30 ft
39705 Parker.
Hans
It's been a while but I think it was 5/16." Easy to slip over the end at the generator but the tank end...

Reply #6
Discovered the hose size to and from small  fuel pump is 5/16" id and the smaller 2 hoses going to injectors  is 3/16"id. Yes. No worm type clamps, will be using fuel injection clamps.
Thanks everyone. 

Reply #7
Got all 5 fuel lines replaced  plus new spring or fuel injection clamps.
 Decided to change the small 4 inch long water pump return hose, gates 18030. Shoulda changed it when i replaced thermostat.  Doh.
Ps, po or owners changed aeroquip hoses...

Reply #8
Nice job. Clamps, hoses, etc look sanitary.  ^.^d

Did you pull the tray out and check the rubber mounts from underneath? They always look good from the top.

Pierce

Reply #9
Thanks for compliment Pierce. Yes looked at rubber mounts underneath. Genset has only 825 hours.