Skip to main content

Topic: Gen power info (Read 375 times) previous topic - next topic

Gen power info
Anyone know if the power from my 10kw gen goes to a junction box somewhere in the coaches front area?

Re: Gen power info
Reply #1
On my 1999 U320 36' it looks like the generator output goes to under the bed to the transfer switch where after switching between shore power and generator it then goes to the breaker panel.

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #2
Bob,

My 1995 U320 goes straight to transfer switch under the bed.

Reply #3
No front junction box? 

Reply #4
The wires go directly from the generator to the 2 45 or 50 amp breakers in the control box depending on your model then conduit to the ATS

Reply #5
Thanks

Reply #6
Anyone know if the power from my 10kw gen goes to a junction box somewhere in the coaches front area?
My 1996 U320 has a junction box on the back wall of the gen compartment with flex conduit...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #7
CaFlashBob,   Did you go look at your coach to find out what is there for yourself?  The only right answer is what is in YOUR coach and only you can answer that by looking for yourself.

Reply #8
We did look.  We did not see a j box.  Like Cunard and the Space Shuttle  Foretravel probably learned not to splice any wires unnecessarily.  Just wanted to see if we maybe missed it.

We are wiring a "buddy" plug into the gen output in that front...

Reply #9
Craneman said in reply 4:
The wires go directly from the generator to the 2 45 or 50 amp breakers in the control box depending on your model then conduit to the ATS.

This does not make sense to me. On my 1996 U320, the wires (2 hot & 1 neutral)...

Reply #10
Craneman said in reply 4:
The wires go directly from the generator to the 2 45 or 50 amp breakers in the control box depending on your model then conduit to the ATS.

This does not make...

Reply #11
That is what I was referring to. When I installed the new generator head that is where the wires went.

Reply #12
My buddy says the powertech gen pigtails into a junction box behind the unit. 

We are going to install a buddy 50 amp plug in the front of the coach. 

Reply #13
May be safer to wire a buddy plug from the main breaker panel, where the buddy plug can be protected with normal circuit breaker and kept turned off when not needed.

If using a buddy plug for another RVer, breaker may be better a little lower than...