Skip to main content

Topic: New Michelin Tires (Read 1092 times) previous topic - next topic

New Michelin Tires
Anybody (except me) got stuck with having to replace your coach tires with Micheline X-Line tires?  I was literally foaming at the mouth when the dealer told me that Micheline RV tires were extinct and that my only alternative was the X-Line.

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:27:44 pm by wolfe10

Re: New Micheline Tires
Reply #1
Change the size to  the same diameter tire. Look around for good tires  in that size.

• cdm
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
I do not have any experience with the Michelin X line tires but the literature on line is pretty impressive. I have never had a bad experience with Michelin's on any of my vehicles.

Reply #3
Too late.  They're already installed.  I've always run Michelins, but not being able to get XZ2A or XZ3A has severely strained my relationship with Michelin.  Those X-Lines are a commercial tractor-trailer tire for line-haul applications that...

Reply #4
CDM. unless you wear out the tread before they age-out, there is NOTHING impressive about them.  I had a set of XZA3 tires and they rode smooth as silk.  These  X-Lines cause my coach to ride like a lumber wagon.

Reply #5
I like my X Line Energy Z's.  As long as the tire pressure is correct, I find the ride just fine and the low rolling resistance results in noticeable improvement in fuel mileage.

Reply #6
These  X-Lines cause my coach to ride like a lumber wagon.
Did you get G or H rated tires?  Considerable difference in max load and pressure ratings.

What pressure are you running in the new...

Reply #7
Grain elevators typically have exterior scales where you can do axle weights, may be free or may cost you ten bucks or less. On my light 89 I can run 75 psi with plenty of safety factor. NOTE THiS IS COACH SPECIFIC!!! So weigh your rig and...

Reply #8
Our coach has always ridden fine with the tires set to max cold pressures. Four corner weights are only good for the amount of propane, diesel, black and grey water in the tanks plus how much stuff you put in the coach for weekend vs extended...

Reply #9
Our coach has always ridden fine with the tires set to max cold pressures.
Pierce,

If you are content with the way your coach rides at max cold tire pressures, then that is what ...

Reply #10
My new tires are H-rating.  G-rating tires aren't sufficient for my coach's GVWR according to the Michelin dealer.  He had me start out at 120 psi, but we can't stand to ride in the coach at that pressure.  The tires now have 95 psi, which...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
My new tires are H-rating.  G-rating tires aren't sufficient for my coach's GVWR according to the Michelin dealer.  He had me start out at 120 psi, but we can't stand to ride in the coach at...

Reply #12
The tire dealer may not have had the G in stock.   

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
The tire dealer may not have had the G in stock.   
Probably true, and he wants to make a sale, do you think he may be a salesman that bends the truth a little bit? :D :D :D :D

Reply #14
I switched from Michelin to Toyo's 5 years ago and saved over $1800.
I am very happy with the price and the ride.

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Maybe I'm off base as I'm not a tire engineer. But as I understand it. A softer (smoother riding tire) will have to have more PSI to hold a given weight, A stiff tire will need less PSI to hold up a given weight.

It's probably a good idea to load...

Reply #16
Does anyone have experience with Michelin X Multi Energy Z steer tires?  It appears from the tire load and inflation table that that they require 5 lbs less PSI than the X Line Energy Zs to carry my axle weight.  If I go with the X Multi Energy Z...

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
My new tires are H-rating.  G-rating tires aren't sufficient for my coach's GVWR according to the Michelin dealer.  He had me start out at 120 psi, but we can't stand to ride in the coach at...

Reply #18
The  XZA-2's I removed were "g" rated and I ran them at 97/107. 

The difference in the ride quality to go to the "H" rated  Xza-3+'s was major plus the "h" allowed 97/87 pressures.

At 97/107 they rode much better than the XZA-2's.   Just saying

Reply #19
I run my Michelin X Line Energy Z LRH tires at 95 PSI front and 90 PSI rear. This gives a comfortable margin over my actual measured loads, and I am pleased with the ride quality.

Reply #20
I have toyos from the po. Not having anything else to compare with they are fine. Probably will replace with the same in a few years.

Reply #21
We had Toyos put on in June.  I didn't like that they were slightly bigger than the 275/80 Michelins, and would rub on the air bag plates when making sharp turns. Usually in RV parks or parking lots.  We changed the for the Michelin X-Lines and...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Have Toyos 295s LRH run 120 on the fronts 100 on the rears. We are maxed out weight wise. Usually run 70 or so on the interstates. No problem like them. They you never loose air, and smooth ride.

Reply #23
I just weighed my coach with the Cat Scales app. Watched a couple YouTube videos and found a set of scales at a truck stop. Was nervous but it turned out super easy. Got a front axel weight and rear. No more guessing. Loaded with full fuel, full...

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
We had Toyos put on in June.  I didn't like that they were slightly bigger than the 275/80 Michelins, and would rub on the air bag plates when making sharp turns. Usually in RV parks or parking...