Skip to main content

Topic: FOT new sales plan (Read 2045 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FOT new sales plan
Reply #50
The issue is that nobody will pay for a quality coach.  Look at how few Foretravel sells or the bus converters.  The market for trailers is even worse.  The issue for FT is that they could not spread the emissions costs over so few units so they...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #51
In 2004, while wintering in Florida, I went to work for a small dealership selling Newmar coaches and Cardinal 5th wheels.  In 2005 that dealer was no more.  Like John just mentioned, 98% of all RV sold today are owned by 3 major companies. ...

Reply #52
The issue for FT is that they could not spread the emissions costs over so few units so they went with Spartan.  That  makes them like everyone else.  

The chassis that Spartan make for the...

Reply #53
.......... 2007 destroyed a lot of companies as it was a credit crisis and anything that used credit in their business model was suspect.  I remember posting on RV.net that Country Coach would go...

Reply #54
What fueled the last 3-5 years of record RV sales and massive amount of mergers&acquisitions of manufacturers...........it was all credit.

easy credit plus pent up demand from a wave of baby...

Reply #55
That may be true but I doubt anyone willlook that closely.  The retarded us the big thing and on their 37 it seems like every other spartan

Reply #56
Seen the boom and bust many times. Old news