Skip to main content

Topic: Creepy windows  (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Creepy windows
Anyone ever attempt to repair slipping window seals yourself?

Re: Creepy windows
Reply #1
Bruce, I watched them do it up at RV fog doctor at Searcy, AR one day. It doesn't look that simple. I could probably break something.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I've been wondering the same thing. I recently priced the fix at RV Glass Solutions (Phoenix and Coburg, Oregon). They charge about $500 for a two piece window. Interestingly, they sell new replacements for about the same price. The replacements...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Lynn, they are not that fragile, l did the glass replacements on an Itasca years ago. Getting the windows out and all the goo cleaned up was a big part of the jobs. And of course all the valences and blinds have to come down.

Reply #4
When I watched that day, I was mostly interested in what they did to prepare the glass to be put back together. They had another crew pulling the glass out of the coaches. If I remember correctly, they charge $200 a window. I think I was told...

Reply #5
Fog Doctor is recommended by Xtreme in Nag, the owner just had his personal coaches windows repaired there.
They say that the coaches they have sent there have been very successful.

Reply #6
Anyone ever attempt to repair slipping window seals yourself?

Bruce,

John Haygarth did a write up several years ago as to how to DIY it. I will see if I can find it as he had seal, sealer info and...

Reply #7
I had two windows done at Fog Doctor in Searcy. Arkansas about six months ago. They charged $200.00 per window unless the glass needs to be replaced too then $300.00 per window.
They have 50 amp electrical and water hookups not sure about sewer.

Reply #8
I have used RV Fog Pro in Dallas and stayed in Grapevine at The Vineyards.  They did an excellent job.
John

Reply #9
I've been to two FMCA rallys where there was a company that did it on location.  They removed your window and essentially "rebuilt" it and had it back the next day for a very reasonable price .  I would like to know how well those worked out over...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Thank you Mike and John

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Haygarth. Great write-up. I'm putting this on my list. Sounds like a fun project.
jor

Reply #12
The RV window repair trucks are all over Quartzsite- on a daily basis during the winter show months. One year, the FT next to me had several windows done, in the RV Park. I believe she has been very pleased . The companies from some of the larger...

Reply #13
 Bruce,
Is this what you are looking for?
John M.

How To Reseal & Replace RV Windows - YouTube

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
John, I'm talking about replacing the seal in between the glass panes.

Reply #15
There is a place in or around Hudson Fl that does the work and gives you a warranty.
Suncoast designers inc

Reply #16
Bruce,
I found a couple of videos on someone repairing a window.  Video is in two parts.  Also I found a link to Do it yourself RV foggy window, creepy black seal kits for dual pane windows.  
Hope this helps, John M.

Foggy RV Window Repair - Part...

• Tim
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
See my Suncoast Designers review at:

Google Maps

Haste makes waste.

Reply #18
We made the trip up to Fog Doc in Searcy, AR and they repaired 6 of our windows that had the dreaded creep!  $200 per window and one was $300.  I believe it was the passenger side window for additional cost.  Very happy with results and they said...

Reply #19
So, I may consider myself lucky, to NOT have the Dual Pane, seeing what they cost in Repairs?  My '95, was the Last Single Pane Installs made by FT, of course!  I am Considering buying the thickest Smoked Plastic Sheets (4' X 8') and the...

Reply #20
 Here's another place to get supplies for dual pane repairs: 1969 to 1980 Airstream Dual Pane Glass Spacer Their foam spacers have adhesive on both sides, a foil vapor barrier, and desiccant in them. They work well. The only issue I had with them...

Reply #21
Bruce,

Sorry it took so long to post this info as to another supplier of the parts you will need for the replacement of the window seals. Good folks to work with.  Who ever you get your parts from make sure you order the correct thickness for your...

Reply #22
I had Suncoast repair 11 windows 6 years ago.  Their guarantee is two years.  Their seals started creeping again at 4 years.  I wish now I had just bitten the bullet and replaced them.  A forever guarantee would have been worth it.

Reply #23
I had Suncoast repair 11 windows 6 years ago.  Their guarantee is two years.  Their seals started creeping again at 4 years.  I wish now I had just bitten the bullet and replaced them.  A...

Reply #24
In the northwest and around the country I have found this company to have a great reputation, and they have only a two year warranty.  And my current FT RV has 100% of their dual pane "Motion" branded windows as well as my previous Monaco...

• Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:45:44 am by Jack Lewis