Skip to main content

Topic: Hwh 6 pack, then a front 3 pack?  (Read 401 times) previous topic - next topic

Hwh 6 pack, then a front 3 pack?
Last year I ordered 2 kits to rebuild my 6 packs. Not really knowing at the time, my front only has a 3 pack. Will my rebuild kit still work for the front? Will I just have some spares left over?

Re: Hwh 6 pack, then a front 3 pack?
Reply #1
That is a very strange setup on your front manifold.  I have never heard of (or seen) a manifold with just 3 valves.  I will have to do some research on how that works.  The parts in the kit should work on the 3 solenoid valves, and yes, you will...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
The stickers on the front manifold valves indicate they did not come from HWH, but rather from a outfit called Automatic Valve in Novi, MI.

I'm revising my opinion on the kit parts working.  In the photo the design looks very similar to the HWH...

Reply #3
Found a listing for two different 3-valve manifolds in the HWH Leveling Parts Catalog (Page 5 and Page 6):

Whw Lwvwling Parts Catalog | Valve | Electrical Connector.

They both use the standard RAP1940 Solenoid Valve, same as found on our "normal"...

Reply #4
Wow Chuck thanks! As soon as my eyes start working better Ill find my air diagram and post it.

Reply #5
Thanks!

I'm scratching my head - trying to figure out how your leveling system could operate with only 3 valves in front.  If your front manifold only has one of each valve (travel, lower and raise) then all 4 front air bags must operate tied...

Reply #6
Probably works like the RVA jacks on a Monaco. One front two rear, rear does left, right front does up, down.

Reply #7
Probably works like the RVA jacks on a Monaco. One front two rear, rear does left, right front does up, down.
Might work with jacks, but with air bag suspension, I don't see how you can adjust...

Reply #8
Chuck, I'm just guessing here, but since we only have 3 ride height valves couldn't it work the same way?

Reply #9
On a Foretravel coach, "ride height" and "leveling" are two distinct operations.  Ride height only functions when the coach is moving.  Leveling only functions when the coach is parked.  Although they both utilize the same adjustment tools (air...

• Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:03:12 pm by Chuck & Jeannie

Reply #10
Hopefully his air diagram will shed some light.

Reply #11
I await with bated breath.      (I didn't brush my teeth this morning...)

Reply #12
Here is the diagram of the the air system in my coach. It really does no good I don't think in showing us how it works. The original hwh manual was gone when we got the coach. I printed a manual off the net. 600 series like Andy's.

Reply #13
Maintaining "ride height" with only 3 valves in the front HWH manifold would not be a problem, because as you mention, there is only one front ride height valve to keep "happy".  BUT,...

Reply #14
Many SOBs use a similar setup. only with 3 or 4 hydraulic jacks. The 2 rear corners control left/right and contribute to front/rear leveling. The front, be it a single center jack or 2 jacks on...

Reply #15
Here is the diagram of the the air system in my coach. It really does no good I don't think in showing us how it works. The original hwh manual was gone when we got the coach. I printed a manual...

Reply #16
When we first got this thing the hwh didn't work. I'm guessing the PO had the hwh owners manual in his house. I bought this from his estate sale. I'm sure he was trying to get it working. His kids wouldn't let him drive it I guess. I pulled the...

Reply #17
Darnit not included in my last post. It will raise one side and dump the other. I didn't take it all the way though, she was starting to groan and creak pretty good.

Reply #18
Darnit not included in my last post. It will raise one side and dump the other. I didn't take it all the way though, she was starting to groan and creak pretty good.

Reply #19
Maybe I'll have to find an updated air system schematic!
I agree!  I'm pretty sure your air diagram is not correct for your coach.  You need one for a 1992 U300 with HWH.  Perhaps you could get...

Reply #20
Chuck I will try to do this tomorrow. Last night we got a horrible hail storm. I might as well just seen how far I could have twisted it and completely popped the windshields out of her. They are destroyed. They were no match for lemon sized hail...

Reply #21
Man, I'm really sorry to hear about the hail damage to your coach and other stuff.  I fear hail storms more than any other threat to our coach, cuz it sits outside without even a metal cover to protect it.  I hope you can get the damage repaired...