Skip to main content

Topic: 1993 U225 Bendix Air Dryer (Read 189 times) previous topic - next topic

1993 U225 Bendix Air Dryer
My 1993 U225 has a Bendix Air Dryer which I am going to service or replace. It is extremely hard to get at and I can't see a model number. Does anyone know this model number? It seems to be working fine but there is black soot built up on the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: 1993 U225 Bendix Air Dryer
Reply #1
Most likely a ad-4 which they do not make anymore. I just changed my to a ad-9. Had to get several new fittings for 2 of the hoses.

Ken

Reply #2
I do indeed have a Bendix Ad-4. I just timed my air dryer. It is purging roughly every 40 seconds.  :o

Reply #3
If you are gonna switch to a AD-9 best place to find one is local NAPA store.  Ask them for a complete rebuilt BENDIX AD-9 and don't accept cheap no-name knock-offs.  If the local store does not stock one, they can order it.

Note:  I have replaced...

Reply #4
Get rid of the Bendix and go to a Wabco-Meritor air dryer with a spin-on cartridge. Only takes a couple of minutes to change instead of part of the day and busted knuckles. I only needed one extra $9 fitting.

Pierce

Reply #5
Get rid of the Bendix and go to a Wabco-Meritor air dryer with a spin-on cartridge. Only takes a couple of minutes to change instead of part of the day and busted knuckles. I...

Reply #6
D.S.

Looks like mine. The one I bought was not German but made in Poland. It seemed really first rate. You do have to make a mount, buy a 45 degree swivel and a little box with fuse for the power to it. It will take a HD strap wrench to get the...

Reply #7
D.S.

Looks like mine. The one I bought was not German but made in Poland. It seemed really first rate. You do have to make a mount, buy a 45 degree swivel and a little box with...