Skip to main content

Topic: PowerTech 8kw generator radiator problem (Read 194 times) previous topic - next topic

PowerTech 8kw generator radiator problem
I am on the  road to Oregon and my generator radiator is leaking badly at the bottom near the drain plug. This is the 8kw unit circa late 1997 in a 1998 U270. It appears the bottom radiator support has broken loose as it is possible to push the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: PowerTech 8kw generator radiator problem
Reply #1
Had the same problem 2 years ago,limped home and removed the radiator and had a shop repair it.Redid the way it mounts,replaced the generator mounts and used 2 old mounts and a 4x4 to remount radiator,cut those 2 metal struts also.Also removed...

• MAZ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Your mounts look different than mine but yes it is a known issue. Lots of posts on the forum about this. I have replaced my radiator several times over the past 9 years. I just bought new from powertech. Quite a few of us have separated the...

Reply #3
There have been write ups on new mounts. Some great pictures of frame cutting to decouple radiator/generator.

I haven't torn into mine yet. Been gathering parts.
So far have purchased.
Water fuel separator, napa small fuel filter, thermostat, water...

Reply #4
When I get back home I'll start by removing radiator to get better understanding of current mounting system. Also plan on new fuel lines and filter.

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Temperature on I 40 is going to make it tough without some help for your dash air..Ran that route a month ago and my dash air blows low to mid 30's and I never turned my front roof air off.. Bad time for this to happen to you..

Reply #6