Skip to main content
Topic: Replacing weather stripping above slides (Read 314 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing weather stripping above slides

Hi, the bone-colored weather stripping above the slides on our 2003 U320 is old and decaying.  We bought new weather stripping from Foretravel but the old stuff seems to be stuck in the c channel.  If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to remove the old stripping and install the new stripping I'd be grateful for the advice.  Thanks, Steve
2003 U320 38' tag
2003 Green Jeep Wrangler

Re: Replacing weather stripping above slides

Reply #1
Hi, the bone-colored weather stripping above the slides on our 2003 U320 is old and decaying.  We bought new weather stripping from Foretravel but the old stuff seems to be stuck in the c channel.  If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to remove the old stripping and install the new stripping I'd be grateful for the advice.  Thanks, Steve
Just grab old one at one end and pull out. Lubricate c channel and push stripping bulb into channel a couple of inches at a time, I used a dull putty knife.
Jim C.
coachfree, previous 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003 Foretravels.

Reply #2
I just replaced mine, the new stripping is black, and only black...Measure correctly before you order. I used a spray bottle with water.. took a little effort , but it was no big deal!!

Safe travels
Dave
2001 U320 40ft
Build #5867
2003 Tracker
VE7DOD

Reply #3
Thanks all!  When we pulled on the old stripping it disintegrated but we were able to use a blunt butter knife to encourage it out of the c channel.  We got the bedroom slide done today and will tackle the living room slide tomorrow.
2003 U320 38' tag
2003 Green Jeep Wrangler