Skip to main content

Topic: How Would You Spend around 3- $5 CB (Read 526 times) previous topic - next topic

How Would You Spend around 3- $5 CB
Heavens knows there are plenty of ways to spend CB's!  We spent MANY, nearly what we paid for the coach, in "preventive" investment after we bought our well-cared for rig (details in previous posts).  Now after nearly 2 years and 12k on the road...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: How Would You Spend around 3- $5 CB
Reply #1
Add more solar.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Spendung 3-5cb on this coach is not needed as it is good as is. Use the money to have an extra trip to Europe.
Have over 400k miles on my BA executive club so that pays for the 1st class seats so money goes for a week's worth of rooms etc.
Will be...

Reply #3
I'd probably buy a few shares of Amazon stock.  Been a consistently good decision so far.  No fun, I know.....

Reply #4
I added a fourth battery to my old u270. It was easy and cheap and extended dry camping.  A blow dryer or toaster are big drains so I would not upgrade for that alone. Turn on the generator and save money.

Reply #5
We will be upgrading to solar soon and the lithium batteries at a later date. Hope to do most of this install myself to save a few coach bucks as well!  lol   More boon-docking and less staying in packed in parks.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
This had been a conundrum since getting married... wife has a way of spending any amount of coach bucks while i just sit here .. Uncanny I must say. ^.^d
Solar and batteries would be the starts

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
Replacement suspension bags going in this week, and getting slide bladder replaced in Nac in Nov. 

Reply #8
I'm saving the CB's for when I really really need them. Fortunately, I have been very lucky with this coach. I use the generator for things like the AC, microwave and pizza oven and save my batteries. I get by fine with 500 watts of panels and...

Reply #9
Spendung 3-5cb on this coach is not needed as it is good as is. Use the money to have an extra trip to Europe.
Have over 400k miles on my BA executive club so that pays for the 1st class...

• cdm
  • [*][*]
Reply #10
re: #3.  Extreme step conversion - On my 2005 U270, Extreme was not able to do the stepconversion. Apparently it will work on some models, but not others. They did perform an excellent complete repaint and they did the roof. Great people to work with

Reply #11
I could put the 5 towards furniture recovery.  Dr is brown (PO) ,LR is tropical ( 2 pieces ) & lt gray. And then the captions chairs are diff shade of gray.   And if some left is left over I'd do the tropical valence upgrade to a matching shade...

Reply #12
2 new captains chairs. I would choose the power chief ones.
3M film for front window to cut down solar gain.
2 new AC units... in progress.
Put in desk on the co pilot side behind seat.
New mattress.
New tow bar
oh wait you said 3-5 and I thought you...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Bob, most can be had except maybe the chairs..

Bought a purple mattress at the return center $800 for a queen
Had my captain chairs redone (didnt add electric as it already had ) $800
3m (bought 100ft roll off Alibaba) did all the windows and works...

Reply #14
David do you have a link for the 3m product you used on the windshield?  I am quoted 900 for it here for the Crystalline CR50

Actually found it on Alibaba for the CR50. Waiting on a price. Wonder what the tariff is on this... comes from China.
How...

Reply #15
Since you do a lot of dry camping, I would do the solar and lithium batteries.  Made a huge difference and more importantly kept the DW happy as she is able to use all her electric appliances anytime.

Reply #16
Yes, I too have 6 lithium batteries and 10 solar panels. YES indeed! Jim

2002 U20 42'