Skip to main content

Topic: Foretravel U320 fuel tank capacity 194 gallons (Read 488 times) previous topic - next topic

Foretravel U320 fuel tank capacity 194 gallons
Foretravel specs states that the fuel tank has a capacity of 194 gallons. Is that true? If so, how far have you traveled without refueling?

Re: Foretravel U320 fuel tank capacity 194 gallons
Reply #1
Best practices, since the tank runs the full width of the coach, the pick-up and fuel, despite the baffles, can slosh on turns and one can stall, is never to run below 1/4 tank.  Fuel economy is going to depend on driving habits and conditions;...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
1,000 miles easily.  Gen shutoff at 1,200 miles.  Coach out at 1,500 miles. 

Reply #3
When we were replacing the fuel lines, we had the tank partially out on our '99 U320.  I took a photo of the label on the tank which indicates 201 gallons. 

As Michelle indicates, we rarely even approach a quarter of a tank full.  Usually start...

Reply #4
If so, how far have you traveled without refueling?

Never played the low fuel guessing game, but it is further than the capacity of my bladder.

Mike

Reply #5
I never ran the fuel tank low enough to worry about the exact capacity, always started looking at half a tank. On my Mercedes Sprinter and on my diesel VW, however, there is no pump to allow roadside fill-ups, therefore running out of fuel means...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
1200 miles max... usually start getting nervous around 1k miles..

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
I drive about 400-450 miles a day comfortably, so can go without worrying about looking for fuel for two days. On the third day I find cheapest fuel and fill up.  Made the mistake of not filling up on a short day three and my Aquahot (pulls fuel...

Reply #8
My fuel sensor doesn't read correctly most of the time.  Only often enough that I simply don't trust it.

Since I now have VMSpc, I just use 150 gallons as the default capacity and fill up when it gets close to "empty".  This does not take Aquahot...

Reply #9
When I measured my fuel tank it calculated out to 150 gallons. Are all 320's 200 gallons? The reason I measured was that based on 200 gallons my fuel gauge was way off, but at 150 gallon capacity, it is closer to accurate when I fill up. Like the...

Reply #10
96 had 146?  97 has 192+

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Both my Foretravel's hold 148 gallons.. The most fuel I ever put in one was 80 gallons.. With fuel stops and credit cards as plentiful as they are what's the need..Cost no more to run on the top half of the tank as the bottom. As a young man...

Reply #12
Are all 320's 200 gallons?
No.  According to beamalarm your coach has a 148 gallon tank, which jives with your calculations.

1996 U320 Foretravel Specifications

Reply #13
Thanks for the confirmations. When I first bought the coach I thought that it had a 200 gallon tank. When it showed 1/2 full and only took 65 gallons I thought that the gauge was way off. When I calculated the volume and showed only a 150 gallon...

Reply #14
I don't know for certain why Foretravel didn't standardize fuel tanks across all models. Might have been to leave more room for bay storage on shorter coaches, or might have been different suppliers over the years.

What I do know for certain is...

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
The tank capacity maybe one thing but the actuall amount of fuel it will hold is less due to the filler kneck being a few inches below the top of tank?
I seem to remember calculating the tank volume by of course mutiplying out the measurements and...

Reply #16
I use an app on my phone that some of you might find useful.  Its a tank volume calculator.  Can be used in Metric or Imperial (inches).  Search PlayStore for "Tank Calc" by Regal tanks.   For instance, on the height measurement, you can subtract...

Reply #17
When we were replacing the fuel lines, we had the tank partially out on our '99 U320.  I took a photo of the label on the tank which indicates 201 gallons. 

As Michelle indicates, we...