Skip to main content
Topic: Atwood 15K - PROBLEM (Read 440 times) previous topic - next topic

Atwood 15K - PROBLEM

I never had a problem with either of my Atwood 15K A/C, duct-less units until now.

I cant control the temp from the shroud mounted, tip down control. I'm not sure where I put the remote control to try and control it with that. All the other controls seem to work but not the temp. control. The setting will not move from the coldest setting.
The control panel seems to be made to open up, I thought perhaps a battery might be located inside but did not want to needlessly pry it open if there is nothing to change inside. I could not find any mention of a battery inside in the manual.
Any suggestions?
1995 U320C SE 40'
Jeep 4x4 Commander - Limited - Hemi
"The Pack"  Yogi and Diesel our Airedales -  Charlie our Boxer/Akita mix. Gone but NEVER forgotten Jake our yellow Lab.
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms instructor - Handgun/shotgun
Regional Firearms instructor for national Armored Transp. Co.

Re: Atwood 15K - PROBLEM

Reply #1
If its anything like the ducted.. the thermostat needed 12v to function.. Are you getting lights? Just not functioning?

Reply #2
Have you turned the circuit breaker off for a few seconds and reset? Fixes many electronic issues.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #3
If its anything like the ducted.. the thermostat needed 12v to function.. Are you getting lights? Just not functioning?

Yes, lights work and other control functions work, just no temp control.
1995 U320C SE 40'
Jeep 4x4 Commander - Limited - Hemi
"The Pack"  Yogi and Diesel our Airedales -  Charlie our Boxer/Akita mix. Gone but NEVER forgotten Jake our yellow Lab.
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms instructor - Handgun/shotgun
Regional Firearms instructor for national Armored Transp. Co.