Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo (Read 665 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo

Picked up coach from Cummins Tuesday after turbo replacement. Made it 50 miles before new turbo started going out.  There goes Labor Day weekend trip.  Ugh
Steve DeLange
2005 U320T 40'
Pearland, Texas

Re: Turbo

Reply #1
Well that sucks
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #2
Well I sure doesn't blow.
Steve DeLange
2005 U320T 40'
Pearland, Texas

Reply #3
Got to be a silver lining. Imagine if you were stuck in Daytona Beach for the coming weekend.

New turbo, exchange, etc? Brand? Oil return line clear?

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #4
Picked up coach from Cummins Tuesday after turbo replacement. Made it 50 miles before new turbo started going out.  There goes Labor Day weekend trip.  Ugh
WHat part of town? what motor?

Reply #5
Engine is an ISM02-500hp. Drove from Cummins Houston to Pearland Tuesday and then from Pearland I made it to Beltway 8 and I10 before Check Engine light came on. Light cycled several times.  Only fault displayed was Turbo Speed low.  Apparently more showed up on Cummins scanner. Don't know about oil line because I didn't change Turbo, Cummins did.

Boss is looking at Coaches online. 
Steve DeLange
2005 U320T 40'
Pearland, Texas

Reply #6
Engine is an ISM02-500hp. Drove from Cummins Houston to Pearland Tuesday and then from Pearland I made it to Beltway 8 and I10 before Check Engine light came on. Light cycled several times.  Only fault displayed was Turbo Speed low.  Apparently more showed up on Cummins scanner. Don't know about oil line because I didn't change Turbo, Cummins did.

Boss is looking at Coaches online.

I have a fresh rebuilt sitting in my garage if you need it.. I can ship it out tomorrow am. Not sure about numbers but let me know and I can check it before I leave tomorrow early

Reply #7
Well I sure doesn't blow.
Glad to see you retain your sense of humor, Steve.
jor

Reply #8
Made it out of town today thanks to Justin McDonald and the guys at Cummins in Houston.  Apparently the turbo speed sensor on the rebuilt turbo was intermittent.passed every test in the shop.  They replaced it under warranty and got me out the door. 
Steve DeLange
2005 U320T 40'
Pearland, Texas