Skip to main content

Topic: 600 AH Lithium Battery Installation (Read 1730 times) previous topic - next topic

600 AH Lithium Battery Installation
600 AH Lithium Battery Installation

This is a project we did to improve and enhance the function of our coach for the way we choose to use it.  You might choose to do it a different way or not do it at all.

What we did:
600 amp hrs of Battle Born...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: 600 AH Lithium Battery Installation
Reply #1
Have you been using it yet? How is everything working? I am having an issue with my bmv712 and SOC.. keeps dropping but never goes back up.. redid the connections on the batteries and made sure everything goes through the negative shunt.. volts...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Have you been using it yet? How is everything working? I am having an issue with my bmv712 and SOC.. keeps dropping but never goes back up.. redid the connections on the batteries and made...

Reply #3
Is all 600 AH useable?  And, if you pull 600 AH out of battery bank, where does that leave the (total bank) SOC?

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Is all 600 AH useable?  And, if you pull 600 AH out of battery bank, where does that leave the (total bank) SOC?

Battle born says their batteries are usable to 100%.. SOC Would be at...

Reply #5
Nice job! Well thought out and nicely executed.
Don

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
When I had 400 ah, ran them down till BMS shut off battery at 1% SOC....

Reply #7
All of the charge and all of the loads have to connect to the load side of the shunt in order for all of the in and out to get counted correctly.  We did a bit of rearranging on Ted and Karen's solar install to make that part correct.

Battle Born...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Can't wait to hear results from your trip..

Reply #9
As always, great preparation and execution Roger!  Since you have almost the same coach as us, where did you run your solar wires down and how far before you reached the controller?  I know you want to keep the distance close, but with the slide,...

Reply #10
was wondering if one could cut out that bracing above or is that a no no? 

Joe,

You could but you need to remember that is a strengthener to offset the hole in the side that was removed...

Reply #11
Joe,

You could but you need to remember that is a strengthener to offset the hole in the side that was removed for the slide. So I would go with the No No.

Mike

Thanks Mike, kind of...

Reply #12
Joe, my solar cables come down from the roof through the refrigerator vent and through the floor to the manifold bay.  They connect to a fuse block, each panel is individually fused.  Then to a switch, the Victron controller, another fuse on the...

• Carol & Scott
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Well done.   ^.^d

Reply #14
Thanks Roger!  I have the room behind the new fridge, but was trying to wrap my head around how to get these wires up to where the batteries and inverter where to keep the cables short.  I have read to keep the cables there as short as possible...

Reply #15
From the manifold side of the wet bay I went up through the floor into a closet in the bathroom, through the bottom of the closets and under the drawers to a chase that goes under the floor for about 18" end comes up in the pass side end of the...

Reply #16
Nice Roger. You won't be disappointed with the lithiums.

Reply #17
Thanks for the positive feedback Roger.  Really enjoyed seeing your finished product on our visit.  Your coach, shop, home reflect the aspirations of a true craftsman.

Reply #18
Thanks Roger!  I have the room behind the new fridge, but was trying to wrap my head around how to get these wires up to where the batteries and inverter where to keep the cables...

• Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:19:23 am by Jack Lewis

Reply #19
Series or  parallel or a mix is always a discussion point.  Wire them in series and shade on one panel makes all in that series string produce nothing.  Wired in parallel each panel is independent and shade on one has no impact on the others. ...

Reply #20
Thanks Jack,  we are going on 9 years owning our coach now and are active users, 5-6 months a year.  It takes time to figure out how you want to be able to use your coach, what works for you and what your coach lifestyle looks like.  Everyone has...

Reply #21
I copied Rogers installation and went all parallel. When I hit 1237 watts on my 1450 watts of solar last year one day I couldn't figure out why it didn't go higher. After talking to Allen at Bay Marine when I bought my Phoenix 1200, he informed...

Reply #22
I was asked what the Sterling Battery to Battery Charger does when loads are applied. So yesterday when we stopped at a rest area with the engine running at idle the B2B output side was charging the Lithium battery pack at ~7 amps.  I turned on...

Reply #23
I'm at the limit on my 75/15 Victron smart solar with 400 watts of panels.  I'm probably loosing a couple amps at full sun.  I'm thinking of adding 2-4 more panels this winter and if I do I'll probably upgrade my solar charger. 

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Roger, can you post up a pic or add to the description of the Sterling display.. Any reason for the one you chose? I did not see it anywhere in the pics but you had mentioned you had one.. Just wondering..Thanks