Skip to main content

Topic: Potential purchase of a 1999 Foretravel M11 450 HP (Read 395 times) previous topic - next topic

Potential purchase of a 1999 Foretravel M11 450 HP
Good morning, I am recently retired and I am interested in purchasing a 1999 Foretravel 40 ft U320 with the Cummins 450 HP M11 motor. I understand this is an older coach and I believe it is the last year of the M11. It appears to be very well...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Potential purchase of a 1999 Foretravel M11 450 HP
Reply #1
Awesome coach and driveline. Repairs and parts readily available, but seldom needed with proper maintenance and operation Loads of info available on this site by using search function in upper right hand corner of home page Welcome and good luck...

Reply #2
I am very happy with our 1995 400 hp M11. As far as I know the M series engines were some of the best Cummins ever produced. I believe they still produce them for the military.

Reply #3
  1 if I purchase this coach does anyone know if parts are readily available for motor repairs
2.  was this motor a decent power plant?
3.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck,

Reply #4
Wow, thank you all! You just made me feel like my patience in searching may have paid off. I truly appreciate the feed back and am looking forward to my new life. Safe travels!

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Welcome. You might be interested to know, that as rare as Foretravel coaches here in Wisconsin are, there ARE several owners scattered thru ought the state. Even two that I know of right here in the Wausau area. Even tho they are older units they...

Reply #6
Nitehawk,
  I have often wondered why I do not see more FT coaches up here.  Hopefully, I will be part of this limited group within the next week or so? Thank you!

Reply #7
Million mile plus motor at 80k pounds load.  Not fully broken in until 150k miles in a truck on the truckers forums.

No EGR.  No DEF. 

Have the valves and injectors adjusted.  Replace the cam position sensor and the ambient altitude sensor.  Both...

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
The driveline is the least worrisome part of the uni-coaches. The bigger issue is to do a detailed inspection of the house systems. Checking the bulk heads, evidence of water leaks are one of the biggest issues these coaches & their owners face....

• Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:47:07 pm by Michelle

Reply #9
I'm not far away and never mind a drive up north. If the coach is local, and you need help, contact me.
There is a Cummings Care facility just south of Milwaukee on Ryan rd.

I have a taste for Kringles.

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Uh, the freshest Kringles are in Racine. They are made there and absolutely delicious when freshest. :))  ^.^d

Reply #11
Uh, the freshest Kringles are in Racine. They are made there and absolutely delicious when freshest. :))  ^.^d

Have to drive through Racine to get to Milwaukee. I usually stop at the Iron...

Reply #12
Local Trader Joe's here in so cal has Racine made Kringles every so often.