Skip to main content
Topic: Roof Gutter Spouts (Read 578 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof Gutter Spouts

Are there roof gutter spouts that are a direct fit to our gutters?  I bought the Camco spouts, and they are not even close to fitting.  I saw one post on the forum where a member modified these and screwed/siliconed them into place. 

Roof Gutter

I can certainly do that, but was hoping to find something a bit more form fitting and proper. 

Thanks,

Evan

These are the universal spouts....
Amazon.com: Camco 42134 White TRV155796, 4 Pack: Automotive

2000 U320 4010

Re: Roof Gutter Spouts

Reply #1
Are there roof gutter spouts that are a direct fit to our gutters?  I bought the Camco spouts, and they are not even close to fitting.  I saw one post on the forum where a member modified these and screwed/siliconed them into place. 

Roof Gutter

I can certainly do that, but was hoping to find something a bit more form fitting and proper. 

Thanks,

Evan

These are the universal spouts....
Amazon.com: Camco 42134 White TRV155796, 4 Pack: Automotive
was going to do the same thing but.. Not much rain here so I think I will add a drain hose to the AC on front and rear... thought maybe the 02 would have had the drain but I didnt see it when I swapped the ac.. any ideas?

Reply #2
I believe there was a post about having to raise the airs up to use a drain hose. Maybe someone will remember where the post is.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #3
I believe there was a post about having to raise the airs up to use a drain hose. Maybe someone will remember where the post is.
Is this the one:

AC condensation runoff
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #4
That's it.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #5
The reason for my inquiry has little to do with condensate.  Trying to get rain run off from roof from running down the side of the coach.  This is about the only design aspect, save for the height of the ceilings, where Foretravel really missed the mark.   
2000 U320 4010

Reply #6
That's the reason I had Xtreme paint my roof-to stop those white streaks left after rain running down the sides-worked like a charm.
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Reply #7
Strange? I don't see white streaks running down the sides of our coach. I wonder if the color has anything to do with that? >:D  :))
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #8
  I went full redneck on mine . I park the bus on 4in of wood in the rear, and 2 in for the nose .  Water runs off the nose now instead of making  mosquito farms on the little roof puddles.
 I also drilled the rail drains to drip the water  some place other then the cap seam .
 Then , if the the plan is to park for more than a week. I roll up a towel  to wick the AC puddle over to the edge drain.  Works well .