Skip to main content

Topic: Attwood AC install (Read 1551 times) previous topic - next topic

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Attwood AC install
Reply #50
I will go down to mine and shut off the ac for a little while and see if the aquahot comes on in the heat.. should be hot tomorrow so I will test it.. I will let you know what it does.

Reply #51
Thanks 😊

Reply #52
OK for the continuing saga of my ac install, if anyone cares....
took the cover off the ac topsides, its a ground signal coming from the ac. changed the jumper twice, no change. no signal coming down the wire. There is continuity on the blue...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #53
Forget about the old harness and the old connections..

I went out to mine.. 90 degrees in it this afternoon... Aquahot will not turn on as the thermostat only goes to 85degrees so nothing happened..

Earlier when it was 68 degrees the aquahot turned...

Reply #54
Thanks David... was getting pretty down about the whole thing.
So perhaps it is just the fact that the temp is to high to make the furnace kick on. I  ordered 2 atwood tstats from amazon and was going to just put them in. Now after reading your...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #55
If you are able.. turn ac (front and back) to 60-65 early in the am... go out in a couple hours.. coach will be cool enough to test... if on 30amp just do the front... will get under 85 pretty quick... then test. Front is easier as the fans on...

Reply #56
If you are able.. turn ac (front and back) to 60-65 early in the am... go out in a couple hours.. coach will be cool enough to test... if on 30amp just do the front... will get under 85 pretty...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #57
Are your AC ducted? If so Tstat on the wall .. runs AC and aquahot (on the old tstat) .. thermostat controlled everything .. rear has the sensor in the bedroom..

When removing the old system you disconnect everything..

Everything on the new system...

Reply #58
Yes ducted.  Its to hot to have the aqua hot come one with the tstat it seems.  All other sensors disconnected.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
That's what I figured..

Can't you turn the ac in early in the am and cool the front down under 80 degrees? Turn the aquahot on at 85 and see what it does? The suspense would kill me lol

Reply #60
David, looking at the atwood electrical schematic, there are sensors in  the AC unit on the roof and I can't cool that area down. In fact, running the AC probably just heats it up.
It should start cooling off soon here and I might be able to see...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #61
Maybe I am missing something.. what good is a sensor if you have a thermostat? What good is the thermostat if you have a sensor?

Not understanding I guess.. I am sorry.. you can't turn the air on and cool the coach right now? At all? Front or...

Reply #62
David there are sensors in the AC that monitor air flow, temp etc. Plus the sensor on the status. I tried putting a bottle of ice cold water on the tstat to see if that would do it, and it didn't work. So cooling the coach down probably won't either.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #63
On weds I went down and turned the ac on in my coach around 730 am.. put it at 70.. went back down in a couple hours and it was nice and cool in the coach.. turned the ac off at the thermostat and flipped it to furnace /heat.. turned the...

Reply #64
OK. I will try it now and see. Its 0451. Temp outside is 80. Will turn it way down and check it in a couple of hours.

Reply #65
David, after a few hours I walked into the coach and it was so cold, my nose froze... and nope, the aqua hot fans did not come on.
At first I forgot to turn the theromastat all the way up, remembered and still no go. Then I checked the wiring.....

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #66
David, after a few hours I walked into the coach and it was so cold, my nose froze... and nope, the aqua hot fans did not come on.
At first I forgot to turn the theromastat all the way...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #67
ok I couldnt leave it alone...Let me see if the attachment worked .. ok it did.. Bob check into this..

http://www.aquahot.com/files/service_manual/AHE-100-02S%20Service%20Manual%20Rev.%20B%209-27-2011.pdf if needed

Zones A B C are negative ground....

Reply #68
David, I went over that service manual with a fine tooth comb.
But you have to remember that Foretravel wires it first from the AC to the aqua hot.
They wire it from the AC to the solenoid  which then goes to the aqua hot. I'm pretty sure there is...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #69
Had me lost with the new pic lol... I think ... is it possible you fried the 2 relays? (not even sure if that is possible)...Doubt 2 unit would have the same problem unless maybe the same connection that was done was incorrect and is causing the...

Reply #70
Don't think so. Maybe on the front one, but not the back.
Either way I have a plan.

Reply #71
 So I have been researching relays. The relay Foretravel uses is a simple automotive type B relay. Usually this is used to control a high current circuit. For the Aqua hot though, that is controlled by a ground signal, it controls a ground relay...

Reply #72
So cold front came in and outside temperature is 74. Turned on heat mode and heat pump works fine. Turned to furnace and nothing. Tried switching the blue wires around and... You guessed it, nothing.
So I am going to give up on the Atwoods...

Reply #73
 You can pop the covers off of the relay and close the switch by hand .   When energized, 2 post have power. One post goes to ground  and the last goes to  power a system. Just like your pic.  You can test the load path with a jumper wire  and...

Reply #74
I figured that since the aqua hot worked fine before the atwood install the solenoids were ok. But perhaps I should pop the solenoids out and check that before wiring in the separate TStats. Thanks for the suggestion.