Skip to main content
Topic: Plastic Thing on Microwave Rotator Melted (Read 547 times) previous topic - next topic

Plastic Thing on Microwave Rotator Melted

So, two questions. First, with the microwave work satisfactorily without the black plastic piece. The rotating arm fits in a square metal piece and looks like it will still rotate.  Second, is this black plastic piece obtainable separately?

Sorry for the technical terms.

Randy
Randy (N4TDT) and Karen Crete
Sarasota, Florida
2000 U270 34' WTFE Build 5756 "Ole Red"
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Re: Plastic Thing on Microwave Rotator Melted

Reply #1
What plastic piece? The inside of mine looks the same as in your picture and it has been working fine since I got the coach. Yours should do the same.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #2
Get the manufactuer and model number and research it on the net,you could have one of a thousand microwaves.
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #3
So, two questions. First, with the microwave work satisfactorily without the black plastic piece. The rotating arm fits in a square metal piece and looks like it will still rotate.  Second, is this black plastic piece obtainable separately?

Sorry for the technical terms.

Randy
Randy, as has been asked before, what black plastic piece?  If you have the metal or glass tray, does the microwave sound like there is an arc when running?  If no arc, then you're good to go.
1992 Foretravel Grand Villa
U225 SBID Build No. 4134
1986 Rockwood Driftwood
1968 S.I.A.T.A. Spring
1962 Studebaker Lark
1986 Honda VF700C
1983 Honda VF750C
Charlie, the Dog was broken out of jail 24 Oct 2023
N1RPN
AA1OH (H)e who must be obeyed.

Reply #4
Bet the "black plastic piece" he is talking about is the center drive shaft that sticks up and the roller assembly keys on and is driven by.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #5
Yep, nighthawk sounds correct. Better pics attached. Melted water plastic piece hood the rotator arms in the square center shaft. Not sure why it's needed since the weight of the ceramic plate would seem to keep the em in place.

Microwave works fine.
Sarasota, Florida
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Reply #6
 I'm not starting to wonder if there was a retaining piece. We had a rubberized mat between the tray and the rotator arm and it may be that a portion of that melted giving the impression there was a plastic retainer.

I found a parts list and diagram and couldn't see the retainer.
Sarasota, Florida

Reply #8
Randy,
Mine doesn't have the black piece you are talking about.  Just the square drive and the drive arm with the rollers.  Works fine as is.  Don't worry about it.  Maybe someone before you added that piece.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #9
Just to put a bow on this one, we've decided the melted piece was a chunk of the rubber waffle mat, NOT a retainer part.  I'd made popcorn last night without realizing Karen had already put the mat below the the platter for travel today.

Thanks to all for replies...as always!
Sarasota, Florida