Skip to main content

Topic: Plastic Thing on Microwave Rotator Melted (Read 231 times) previous topic - next topic

Plastic Thing on Microwave Rotator Melted
So, two questions. First, with the microwave work satisfactorily without the black plastic piece. The rotating arm fits in a square metal piece and looks like it will still rotate.  Second, is this black plastic piece obtainable separately?

Sorry...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Plastic Thing on Microwave Rotator Melted
Reply #1
What plastic piece? The inside of mine looks the same as in your picture and it has been working fine since I got the coach. Yours should do the same.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Get the manufactuer and model number and research it on the net,you could have one of a thousand microwaves.

Reply #3
So, two questions. First, with the microwave work satisfactorily without the black plastic piece. The rotating arm fits in a square metal piece and looks like it will still rotate. ...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Bet the "black plastic piece" he is talking about is the center drive shaft that sticks up and the roller assembly keys on and is driven by.

Reply #5
Yep, nighthawk sounds correct. Better pics attached. Melted water plastic piece hood the rotator arms in the square center shaft. Not sure why it's needed since the weight of the ceramic plate would seem to keep the em in place.

Microwave works...

Reply #6
 I'm not starting to wonder if there was a retaining piece. We had a rubberized mat between the tray and the rotator arm and it may be that a portion of that melted giving the impression there was a plastic retainer.

I found a parts list and...

Reply #7
retain

Reply #8
Randy,
Mine doesn't have the black piece you are talking about.  Just the square drive and the drive arm with the rollers.  Works fine as is.  Don't worry about it.  Maybe someone before you added that piece.
John M.

Reply #9
Just to put a bow on this one, we've decided the melted piece was a chunk of the rubber waffle mat, NOT a retainer part.  I'd made popcorn last night without realizing Karen had already put the mat below the the platter for travel today.

Thanks to...