Skip to main content

Topic: Water Pump (Read 221 times) previous topic - next topic

Water Pump
My water pump has suddenly ceased output, however, the green light is still "on" with either galley or bath switch on. Does the fact that this light is on indicate power to the switch and pump, confirming failure of pump? (I have not yet had an...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Water Pump
Reply #1
Fast and easy to check power at the pump and the ground wire. Our ground was intermittent so changed the ground location to ground right at the compartment door switch. I had to extend the ground wire a few inches.

Pierce

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Green light does indicate power at the switch but not necessarily power at the pump.. Do as P said.... pump may be ok.

Reply #3
And, with multiple switches that control pump, there will be a RELAY (very likely a latching relay).  That can fail as well as pump, lack of 12 VDC to relay, etc.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Do you have water?

Reply #5
Pierce, Dub, Brett,

Thanks very much. This information will guide me in examining power flow--not sure where the switch relay will be, but probably on or near the electrical /wet bay bulkhead. I'm incluned to think ground/relay vs. pump, which I...

Reply #6
In our 91 GV, the latching relay is under the couch with the water pump.  Have a great day  ----  Fritz

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Most likely the pressure switch on the pump. I would start there.

Reply #8
Thanks again everyone. I got into the pump troubleshooting today, and discovered, after tightening all the electrical connections, that there must have been a loose bayonet connector, because after checking and securing them all, the pump worked...