Skip to main content
Topic: Water Pump (Read 477 times) previous topic - next topic

Water Pump

My water pump has suddenly ceased output, however, the green light is still "on" with either galley or bath switch on. Does the fact that this light is on indicate power to the switch and pump, confirming failure of pump? (I have not yet had an opportunity to check power at pump.)

1989 Foretravel U300 Grand Villa
Build #3410

Re: Water Pump

Reply #1
Fast and easy to check power at the pump and the ground wire. Our ground was intermittent so changed the ground location to ground right at the compartment door switch. I had to extend the ground wire a few inches.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #2
Green light does indicate power at the switch but not necessarily power at the pump.. Do as P said.... pump may be ok.
Dub McBride 1996 270

Reply #3
And, with multiple switches that control pump, there will be a RELAY (very likely a latching relay).  That can fail as well as pump, lack of 12 VDC to relay, etc.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #4
Do you have water?
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #5
Pierce, Dub, Brett,

Thanks very much. This information will guide me in examining power flow—not sure where the switch relay will be, but probably on or near the electrical /wet bay bulkhead. I'm incluned to think ground/relay vs. pump, which I think is new, i.e. <100 hr.
Build #3410

Reply #6
In our 91 GV, the latching relay is under the couch with the water pump.  Have a great day  ----  Fritz
Fritz & Kathy Johnson
1991 36'

Reply #7
Most likely the pressure switch on the pump. I would start there.
1994 U280, Build 4490
Deming, NM.

Reply #8
Thanks again everyone. I got into the pump troubleshooting today, and discovered, after tightening all the electrical connections, that there must have been a loose bayonet connector, because after checking and securing them all, the pump worked fine.

Randall
Build #3410