Skip to main content

Topic: Air drain extensions  (Read 274 times) previous topic - next topic

Air drain extensions
One of the areas I am working at home in the next few months is the air system.  I want to install extensions for the drains on the forward tanks.  I found this but as this is a first venture wanted to verify I am headed in the right direction. ...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Air drain extensions
Reply #1
George,  I bought all of the fittings for extending the drains, 90° 1/4" pipe thread, 1/4" tube, another 90° fitting, a brass bulkhead fitting and then will  reuse the valve that as on the tank now. 

Bulkhead fitting
Amazon.com: Vis Brass Pipe...

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
I like Roger's solenoid valve idea, but pretty sure that's not DOT approved for use on brake tanks.  I do plan on putting one on the HWH tank tho.  That thing collects water like a camel.

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
OK...I'll bite....why would you install a solenoid?

Reply #4
Cheaper than all of the extensions and fittings you need to move the valves to the side of the coach.  Or you can just crawl under there and open them at the tanks.

So far what I have seen that seems to have a DOT rating are the fittings that...

Reply #5
Look at Bendix DV-2 automatic tank drain valves. DOT, install in the air tank.

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Fire line equipment.... W/60 drain valve with pull cable.. $12.90 .... several different manufacturers... I use them on all trucks , trailers and Foretravel...Oriely's..

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Agree with Dub. These work great.

http://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MBI12103

see ya
ken

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8
Ordering 3.  Thanks guys.

Agree with Dub. These work great.

http://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MBI12103

see ya
ken

Reply #9
With those pull type valves, how do you check to see if any water comes out??  I use that as an indication of condition of the air dryer. 
Have a great day  ----  Fritz

Reply #10
I used 4 DOT brass compression elbow fittings, about 6ft. of tubing, couplers, and two new valves. Moved it just to the left of the generator hatch. It is easy to access the valves without opening the generator hatch. I don't recall the cost, but...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
With the cable pull drain valves the way you check for moisture is on your knees looking at the tank as you pull the cable.. You will see the moisture if any when you first open the valve.. I ran my cables to the front with access just under...