Skip to main content
Topic: Dash cover removal (Read 446 times) previous topic - next topic

Dash cover removal

Being a newbie to Foretravel I am STUCK.  I have a problem with the top air pressure gauge and thanks to the forum I found the problem was in fact the gauge.  Ordered a new one from Motorhomes of Texas and started putting it in.  After unhooking everything I found out the the old gauge would not come out with out removing the plastic cover on the front of the dash,  Now there is the problem I can not for the life of me get that plastic cover off so the gauge will slip out.  Any help please!!

John
1998 Foretravel U-270

Re: Dash cover removal

Reply #1
Being a newbie to Foretravel I am STUCK.  I have a problem with the top air pressure gauge and thanks to the forum I found the problem was in fact the gauge.  Ordered a new one from Motorhomes of Texas and started putting it in.  After unhooking everything I found out the the old gauge would not come out with out removing the plastic cover on the front of the dash,  Now there is the problem I can not for the life of me get that plastic cover off so the gauge will slip out.  Any help please!!

John
1998 Foretravel U-270
Mine required removing the aluminum sheet metal from the back of the panel, not the plastic cover on the front.  There are several small nuts on screw posts that hold it on, from the back side.  A couple were not easy to get to but once those nuts are off, the back of the panel releases enough to get the gauge out.  I replaced both of mine with a single gauge that has 2 needles to measure both tanks.  The 2nd gauge is abandoned in place and masked until I figure out something else to put there.  If you have the luminescent dash panel, be very careful not to short it out in the process.

What did you do to your coach today VIII

Reply #2
John,
As previously stated you will need to remove the nuts (3/8) if my memory is correct to remove the front face of the dash.  A couple of nuts on the bottom are hard to see so be sure you get them all off.
Not a hard job.  Good luck.
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu
A smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows when to say it.

Reply #3
Thanks for the help I was going about it wrong by trying to remove the front plastic instead of removing the back aluminum part.  Did it and new gauge is in and working.

Thanks for the help.

John