Skip to main content
Topic: Emergency Flaser (Read 439 times) previous topic - next topic

Emergency Flaser

Getting ready to go on a road trip and when going through my check list of checking things  I found the emergency flasher not working.  Lights and buzzer stay steady.  Is there a separate flasher for the turn signals and emergency flasher?  The location would be helpful also.
Thanks, John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Re: Emergency Flaser

Reply #1
Check the turns and make sure all of the bulbs light.  And that the flasher works.
 Yes there should be two flashers, usually next to each other.

Reply #2
1.  Is there a separate flasher for the turn signals and emergency flasher? 
2.The location would be helpful also.

John,
1. On your age coach Yes.
2. Should be hid behind the removable kick panel in front of the passengers seat.  IIRC they should be on the right side just hanging by the wires.  Should be 2 clearish blue cubes.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #3
Could be black also. I replaced Flasher Flasher at O'Reilly. Had no store help. Looked at units on blister packs. Found proper position of contacts.  Working fine now. Was on far right of kick panel. Down low. Side by side. Think I swapped to see if problem followed.
1999 U270 40 #5518
USN. USPS.

Reply #4
Ok guys thanks for the info.  We will check on our next stop.  Turn signals are working just no flashers.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Re: Emergency Flasher

Reply #5
Stopped at Pilot, removed the panel and located the flashers.  Had Carmen turn the key on and the turn signals. By touching the flashers I was able to determine which flasher is the turn signal and which is the emergency flasher.  I swapped flashers and emergency light work and no turn signals.  Went inside Pilot and they had  like 6 different flashers.  They wanted like $20 for a flasher.  Same flasher on the Internet was $7.99.  Holding off till I can go to an auto part store.  I swapped back the flashers so I can have turn signals.  My current flasher is made by HELLA.  Attach is my current flasher.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

Reply #6
John,

Way to  go. 
You might give the one that is dead a whack with something like a small hammer to see I it will come unstuck till you can get a replacement..  You have to look at it like "well it is broke now" 

Yours looks kind of green color in the pic. Never seen one that color.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #7
Only way I would pay pilot their convient store price would be in an "emergency".
Dub McBride 1996 270

Reply #8
Mike,  we will give it a wack and see if gets unstuck.  Sitting in my hand the flasher cover looks clear with a very light black tint.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

Reply #9
When I shopped for the new flasher. I just matched the legs you plug into wires. You could hit up salvage yards on your travels. Lots in the yards. I paid $7-8 for replacement. If I had needed flashers. I would have just switched for need period. You rock! Mark
1999 U270 40 #5518
USN. USPS.

Re: Emergency Flasher

Reply #10
Stopped at Pilot, removed the panel and located the flashers.  Had Carmen turn the key on and the turn signals. By touching the flashers I was able to determine which flasher is the turn signal and which is the emergency flasher.  I swapped flashers and emergency light work and no turn signals.  Went inside Pilot and they had  like 6 different flashers.  They wanted like $20 for a flasher.  Same flasher on the Internet was $7.99.  Holding off till I can go to an auto part store.  I swapped back the flashers so I can have turn signals.  My current flasher is made by HELLA.  Attach is my current flasher.
John M.

Easy fix.. keep it on the turn signal and ...Dont break down.. So you wont have to use it...Seems like the best Idea .  :))