Skip to main content
Topic: Tire pressure monitoring systems (Read 881 times) previous topic - next topic

Tire pressure monitoring systems

Looking for a new reasonably priced system for my u320 40'. Any recommendations?
1995 U320
Build #4677
2011 Honda CRV

Re: Tire pressure monitoring systems

Reply #1
EEZ Tire by EEZRV products works well, available for amazon prime also.
J.R.
99 U320 40' WTFE
Build # 5388

Reply #2

I like TST 507 systems.  B/W or Color, caps or flow through or a mix.

Amazon.com: TRUCK SYSTEM TECHNOLOGIES TST507RV6C 507 Tpms W/6 Cap Sensors:...

Many find the B/W monitor a bit easier to read.  If you are not changing tire pressure often the cap sensors are less expensive and work fine.  I have them on our toad and a mix on the coach, migrating to all caps.  Change batteries once a year.  Sensors last 4-5 years.

Available in many places, shop for price.

Reply #3
Roger, we have TST pass through on the coach and caps on the Jeep.    I put a range extender in the bedroom.  Not sure if it needed it but the Jeep stays connected.

My only problem is that the color monitor (I got color to be easier to read) is difficult to see in some lighting conditions.  It works forever on one battery charge so no need to plug it in going down the road.

I don't know why software people like making the letters and background dark or letters and background both light. 
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #4
It seems to me the color monitor has a greater range.  I do like the battery life too.  The Jeep is in the garage and the coach is in the barn.  The Jeep pressures always show up even at that distance. 

We leave our monitor on almost all the time.

Reply #5
I,too, have the TST system with flow thru sensors on my Sprinter 3500 van. Works beautifully. Have changed sensor batteries on all 6 wheels once after one year use. I also have added Alcoa wheels to my rig partially to allow efficient location of the flow thru sensors.
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #6
We've been using PressurePro for 10+ years now, and still happy with the unit.  Need to replace the senders every 5 years or so, unless you remove them when you're parked for a while (lesson learned...)
Dave and Nancy
1999/2013 U270 36' Xtreme
Motorcade # 16774
2013 Subaru Outback
KD0NIM

Reply #7
We also use TST 507 with pass through. I like it a lot more then my previous one. ( Tire Minder)
Alan Fink
Waupun, WI
2000 Blue Bird Wanderlodge  LX40
2018 F150 4x4
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited  Rubicon JL

Reply #8
I recently purchased the TST507 with pass thru, and while I don't have experience with the others I really like this setup.  Also, be sure and shop the price.  I found the prices all over the place.  I ended up getting the best price at Camping world online.
Jerry
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu
A smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows when to say it.

Reply #9
I'm happy with my Pressure Pro system.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #10

We as well.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #11
Can't compare with others, this is my first system however I've been pleased with EEZ Tire by EEZRV.
Bill and Marsha Kuykendall
1999 Foretravel U320 36' CAI
Build Number 5446
2006 Lexus GX 470

Reply #12
I'm happy with the PressurePro PulseFX system. I got a dood deal last time I needed my sensors replaced for new batteries on my old system.

This system has a black box and uses a phone or tablet as display. With my black bod mounted in a bay, it hears all the sensors including the car. They transmit independent of tire rotation, so I routinely check pressures and outside temperature each morning.

I consider the non replaceable batteries an advantage, as the sensors are sealed against water and the batteries last five years.

I even bought a second black box for the car. No more checking tires with a gauge and losing a little air each time.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Reply #13
I like EEZ tire. It works well and you can change the batteries yourself when needed.  I had Pressure pro for years and cost a fair amount to send them back when batteries need replacing.
Chappell & Mary
36' 2004 Foretravel U270 build #6273

Reply #14
We are using RVi Tire Monitoring. We were early adopters of this system some 2 years ago (we have their brake as well) and were never 100% pleased with the system. BUT, a few weeks ago we contacted them with our issues and they replaced the entire system for FREE. The updated system is working and it actually works really well!
We love that we can see the toad brake working and see ALL the tire pressures all the time in Drive Mode.

If you need a supplemental brake as well, this is the system I would recommend.

RVi Tire Monitor
Christine & Jimmy
Nomadic, Full-time Life in Progress...
1997 U295/36/C8.3
600 AH BB-LiFePo/1080 Watts Solar
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
** Social media: curiosity-in-motion

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. ~Dorothy Parker~