Skip to main content

Topic: Spare 12v lamp lead in propane compartment  (Read 259 times) previous topic - next topic

Spare 12v lamp lead in propane compartment
Discovered about 5feet of green and white 12v wire labeled lamp 3546 in propane compartment.
Thinking its switched, as voltmeter reads 0 v.
I dont have complete wiring schematics.
Thought i could install a compartment light.
Any ideas?

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Spare 12v lamp lead in propane compartment
Reply #1
Is your propane gauge wire hooked up? I can't tell from the pictures... Those look like the wires that give the Audit Monitor the feed for the LP level.

Don
Discovered about 5feet of green and...

Reply #2
Another thought, do you have remote compartment locks? If not, that pigtail might end back at the 12v breakers panel coiled up.
Don

Reply #3
Another thought, do you have remote compartment locks? If not, that pigtail might end back at the 12v breakers panel coiled up.
Don

The propane bay should not be lockable.

Reply #4
Thanks for the replies.  The propane audit level wires are connected, and no power locks.
I spoke with FT tech guru, Ronnie minutes ago,who returned my call.  He,will research and contact me Monday.

Reply #5
Tom,

What are the numbers that are printed on the 2 wires?  Not the 3546 loom number.
You may have to pull the wires back out of the loom to see the numbers.
In one of the pics. I can see the wire number on the green wire but it is turned so it...

Reply #6
Mike,  we maybe getting closer.
Both green and white say, WTBA 3646?

Reply #7
Tom,

Now I don't have a wire code for a '96 295.  If you have your OEM books the wire code sheet should be in there.  If you don't have that sheet someone here may have one.  That is the numbers that you should need to run down what they were...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Some older coaches have a solenoid valve in the gas line from the tank controlled by the propane alarm in the coach that will allow the valve to shut when activated. I removed that valve in my 97 and taped up the wires.

Reply #9
Jim
Another good idea, but my lp alarm shut off valve wires are connected, as are the audit lp gauge wires. 
Will see if FT still has my 1996 numbered wire sheets. As I have none.

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I wondered why I didn't have a light in my propane bay. Was about to add one and decided they probably left it out for good reason (possible spark hazard). Does anyone out there have OEM light in propane bay?

see ya
ken

Reply #11
If there is zero voltage there, I would just tape it up and forget about it. Would not put a light in that compartment.