Skip to main content
Topic: TST Tire Pressure and Temperature Limits (Read 488 times) previous topic - next topic

TST Tire Pressure and Temperature Limits

Just purchased the TST Tire Monitoring System with 10 flow through sensors, color display and repeater.  I have some setup questions.
1. Labeling sensors for each tire.
2. The high tire pressure limit setting.
3. The low tire pressure limit setting.
4. The high temperature limit setting.
5. Can these settings be set different for each coach tire location and the tow vehicle tires?  Or is it one setting for all sensors.
6.  What is the best location and setup for the repeater?
Thanks John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Re: TST Tire Pressure and Temperature Limits

Reply #1
I put the repeater in the bedroom tv cabinet because there was 12v there.  It works great.
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #2
Rick,
What pressures and temperatures are you setting up on the coach and tow?
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #3
High pressures on the coach are 20% above max or about 144 psi.  Low is 20% below their normal cold inflation. I just left the sensors on the toad at their default values.  My repeater is at the back end of the LR.  It has a red light on it that blinks occasionally. I marked each sensor with RF, RRI, RRO, LF, LRI, LRO with a paint pen. 

I use the TPMS mostly to see what pressure and temps are as we are driving.  I depend on the slow leak or rapid leak or low battery alarms.

Reply #4
We have a TST system and I installed the repeater in the engine Bay Area, top left, wired into the 12 volt light.
2003 U320 4010 - SOLD
2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel