Skip to main content
Topic: Rear Outside Tires Valve Stem Orientation Issues (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear Outside Tires Valve Stem Orientation Issues

I purchased the TST System with the flow through sensors for the coach and the caps for the tow vehicle.  The orientation of the valve stem on the 2 outside rear tires is going to be a BIG PIA to fill with the sensor on.  Is there an adapter I can use or do I need to have take in to a tire shop to either change the stem or irs irs its orientation?  Attached is a picture of my current situation.
Thanks for the help in advance,
John and Carmen
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Re: Rear Outside Tires Valve Stem Orientation Issues

Reply #1
I just reached in and screwed them on as I recall
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #2
I think I found a solution to my problem on the internet.  Now to see if I can find them at a parts store.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #3
John,

We have ours turned pointing out for the same reason.  Any truck shop can change it out and put in short stems. If you just turn them around they will stick out past the wheel and get knocked off.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #4
Mine are orientated the same way.
 Dumb question #435.
 WHY are they put on that way?
In restless dreams I walked alone.
Narrow streets of cobblestone.

'93 U225
Build 4337
'14 CRV Toad

Reply #5

It has to do with rotating tires/wheels to another position (moving to the front) the stem will be in proper place to be able to check air in the tire. Most RVs never rotate there tires so make it fit your needs.

As a side note. A good tire shop won't even take the wheel off to change out the stem.  You just put a jack under the axle to take some of the weight.  Let air out of the tire, break down just the outside bead, and reach in and change the stem and seal out.  Add air back in and pull the jack, you are back on the road.  20 min at the most per wheel.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #6
NAPA  90-417 is a good part #.  I use a drop of blue loctite on the inside nut. 
Verify hole size .