Skip to main content
Topic: Beamalarm website (Read 3002 times) previous topic - next topic

Beamalarm website

Today at the Foretravel Motorcade Club Grandvention, at the techtalk, the owner of Motorhomes of Texas announced that MOT is taking ownership of Barry's Beamalarm website. Internet access will be redirected to MOT.

That's all I know at this time.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Re: Beamalarm website

Reply #1
Good to know.  Do you know who at MOT is in charge of the content? 
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #2
Makes this Forum that much more valuable.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #3
 Will reserve comment until we see how it is transitioned/supported. Could certainly be another "feather in MOT's cap"!!!

Totally depends on who "manages" it and whether they are willing to spend the time to update it as things (like PN's change).

It is a time consuming responsibility to be done properly.

Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #4
Will reserve comment until we see how it is transitioned/supported. Could certainly be another "feather in MOT's cap"!!!

Totally depends on who "manages" it and whether they are willing to spend the time to update it as things (like PN's change).

It is a time consuming responsibility to be done properly.

And let's hope that MOT takes the opportunity to feather their cap.
Can't imagine they would even bother to take over Beam Alarm to then scuttle and deep six it.
Jerry & Nona and Kimeru the cat that thinks she's a dog
1998 36' WTFE U320  #5314 Motorcade #17711
USAF 1975-1995
2019 Subaru Crosstrek 'toad'
2003 Subaru Legacy touring car
jerry Fincher | Flickr

Reply #5
Barry has done a tremendous job-- kudos to him!!!!!
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #6
MOT seems to do everything else the right way.....

I was concerned about Beamalarm's future since Barry sold his FT. Honestly I also worry about this wonderful website....hoping Steve and Michele keep at it.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #7
All of us who own FT are truly blessed with the rich resources we have thanks to so many before us!  For us, as simple as it is, Barry's site provided us with floor plans and specs to decide what we wanted to look for.  Since our purchase, Barry's site has helped us ask better questions about our coach.  I will FOREVER be grateful to Barry for helping us achieve our DREAM in retirement. God bless you Barry!

We are also grateful to MOT for:

1.  Being there to help us in our search for our FT
2.  Making the purchase of our FT smooth
3.  Keith Risch to help us make the needed investment to ensure trouble free ownership
4.  Understanding the opportunity to acquire Beamalarm

This FT ecosystem is important to the survival of these grand coaches.  Many aspects are important to long term survival of this phenomenon, including:

1.  The survival and maintenance of the Forum which provides the repository of collective owner wisdom and
2.  The survival and growth of the Foretravel Motorcade, as an independent entity, and the factory support to ensure parts and manufacturing "memory" to ensure future owners can keep these grand vehicles continue to reward future owners.
Randy (N4TDT) and Karen Crete
Sarasota, Florida
2000 U270 34' WTFE Build 5756 "Ole Red"
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Reply #8
Yes. I feel it's important to keep everything Foretravel alive and healthy.

This includes FOT, MOT, and a host of businesses in Nac, along with the Motorcade Club, ForeForums, and Barry's wealth of information.

Each gains strength from the others, and we all benefit.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Reply #9
Good to know.  Do you know who at MOT is in charge of the content? 

MOT was not wanting to let the information out yet that they made the agreement with Barry on taking over the control of the web site. It was said the marketing department was working on it.  The information was going to be hosted on MOT web site and if you went to beamalarm.com it would direct you to the MOT site.

It was also said they were planing on updating the information to include all of the latest year coaches also.
2014 ih45  (4th Foretravel owned)
 1997 36' U295 Sold in 2020, owned for 19 years
  U240 36' Sold to insurance company after melting in garage fire
    33' Foretravel on Dodge Chassis  Sold very long time ago

Reply #10
I'm wondering about this issue.
For now (thank heavens) I'm still able to access BEAMALARM directly.  It is such a WONDERFUL, helpful, comprehensive web site. 
would HATE to see it go away.
To some extent, I remain involved in BARTHMOBILE, even though I sold my Barth several years ago.  None the less, I regularly donate to help pay for the server space or bandwidth (or whatever it takes) to keep that site viable.  I'd certainly do the same for BEAMALARM.
Mogan David
1999 U295 36'

Reply #12
Well.........looks like the transition is complete.  All Things Foretravel | Formerly Beam Alarm - Barry and Darlene Brideau's... now forwards to allthingsforetravel.com

Dave

Ugh...this is all I get. I hope it's because  they're working on it.
2000 Foretravel U320 4210 CAI (Formerly Gary Omel's coach)
Build #6189
previous: 2003 Foretravel U320 4020 AGDS

2015 Suburban
2007 Wrangler

Reply #13
My IPhone goes right to it as usual.
Dub McBride 1996 270

Reply #14
What happened to the Moderfication section containing all the updates and changes that where on the old site?
JohnH
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #15
Well.........looks like the transition is complete.  All Things Foretravel | Formerly Beam Alarm - Barry and Darlene Brideau's... now forwards to allthingsforetravel.com

I trust MOT is contacting everyone whose posts from here on Foreforums and from the previous Yahoo Group are copied on that website?  The content belongs to the original posters and their content cannot be sold (including as website content) or published on a commercial site without their permission, so MOT has to secure that permission first before making it available.  If you did not give them permission, it is your right to advise them to delete it.

It is also not permissible to copy content from the forum for other than personal use, and it cannot be published.

Prohibited Activities
You agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information (including, but not limited to, messages, data, information, text, photos, graphics, video, or other material) obtained from this Website.

Additionally, you agree not to:

use this Website or its contents for any commercial purpose
access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;

Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #16
I trust MOT is contacting everyone whose posts from here on Foreforums and from the previous Yahoo Group are copied on that website?
Fat chance.  Nobody contacted me.

But, if anybody does, I'll say "OK with me - be my guest".
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #17
What happened to the Moderfication section containing all the updates and changes that where on the old site?
Agree with John - there seems to be a LOT of missing technical info that was SO easy to access on the classic beamalarm site.

The model specs page (for my '93 U280) is reproduced so small that I can't even read the print (without enlarging it).

I don't see anything anywhere about the "Air System" which is unfortunate since it is one of the most trouble-prone systems.

I will hold out hope that "they" are still working on getting everything copied over from old site to new site.

Reply #19
DJ and Jane,

THANK YOU !!!  ^.^d

You made my day with your post.  I used to refer to beamalarm almost daily, but since the MOT "takeover" I have been lost.

This new link will be a lifesaver for me and many more current and future Foretravel owners.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!  b^.^d

Reply #20
So if it costs money to support this link I'm in. Thank you so much
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #21
Thanks for the link
DJ & JANE
Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Reply #22
Thank you!! Really have a hard time trying to navigate the MOT site.
Richard & Betty Bark & Keiko our Golden Doodle
2003 U320T 3820 PBDS
Build # 6215
MC # 16926
2016 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4 diesel

Reply #23
Glad I could help. I also have had a hard time navigating it. It needs to be more simple like Barry's.
2000 Foretravel U320 4210 CAI (Formerly Gary Omel's coach)
Build #6189
previous: 2003 Foretravel U320 4020 AGDS

2015 Suburban
2007 Wrangler

Reply #24
Wow some of the Brake repairs section shows up on Google but link was dead... Perfect and thank you for the link.. seems everything I have needed the last month is a work in progress on the other end..