Skip to main content
Topic: Isuzu taillight "guts" (Read 353 times) previous topic - next topic

Isuzu taillight "guts"

Last night I spent about two hours looking for the 1984 Isuzu taillight "guts" for the Isuzu taillights we have on the GVs.
Couldn't find ANY!! Seems most 1984 Isuzus in salvage yards have been scrapped and melted down due to low demand for anything that old.
Things are going to get tough for those of us whose taillight circuit "boards" corrode away.
What then??
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Re: Isuzu taillight "guts"

Reply #1
Just press the EASY button.  Make yer appointment well in advance - they stay very busy.

Xtreme Paint & Graphics Home
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #2
Sure doesn't look like any of those conversions would work on my GV. And I definitely can't see spending more on a taillight conversion and paint job on a 30 year old coach than I did for the coach itself!!
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #3
Last night I spent about two hours looking for the 1984 Isuzu taillight "guts" for the Isuzu taillights we have on the GVs.
Couldn't find ANY!! Seems most 1984 Isuzus in salvage yards have been scrapped and melted down due to low demand for anything that old.
Things are going to get tough for those of us whose taillight circuit "boards" corrode away.
What then??
Are these he same taillights as on your coach?

Isuzu Pickup Truck Faster Holden Rodeo Kb Kb21 26 Luv Ls Trooper Tail Lamp...
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #4
Nope, ours are horizontally oriented. 1984 Isuzu Impulse with moving the right taillight on an Impulse to the left side on a GV by rotating/turning the light assembly upside down. Same procedure with the left Impulse side  to the right GV side.
Problem is the green plastic printed circuit board. It corrodes and crumbles to nothing in our coach's engine compartment.
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #5
Forgot to include picture of the lights.
They're the lower ones--just to the right of the FMCA badge and far left.
2006 Saturn Vue AWD