Skip to main content

Topic: Rooftop A/C problem (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic

Rooftop A/C problem
So I usually put the front a/c at low or high depending on the outside temp and put the bedroom one at auto when I'm hanging out in the living room. At night I reverse it. Last night I woke up to use the restroom and I opened the bedroom door to...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Rooftop A/C problem
Reply #1
Did you try doing a reset?

Reply #2
No, I left for work. How do you reset? I'll have to wait until I get back to it this afternoon.

Mike

Reply #3
SYSTEM RESET
a. Turn the ON/OFF switch to OFF position.
b. Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to ON. FF should appear in the LCD display until the MODE and ZONE push-buttons are released.

Reply #4
I googled it and it was on Barry's website. Once I reset, will I have to do anything else?

Mike

Reply #5
No. just see if it's functioning properly.

Reply #6
Ok

Reply #7
Well I reset the thermostat. It didn't work. The rear a/c shuts off in auto mode, but he front will not.

Mike

Reply #8
Make sure the switch that toggles the fan between ON and AUTO is in the full AUTO position.  If it is then you should check the wires connected to the back of the thermostat to make sure none are loose.  It also could be the RJ11 connectors up...

Reply #9
Something I noticed. When in auto, the fan is on high. When on low, the fan is low. And when on high, the fan is high. The rear a/c on auto, the fan is low.

Will check the back of the thermostat and check wires.

Mike