Skip to main content
Topic: Rooftop A/C problem (Read 455 times) previous topic - next topic

Rooftop A/C problem

So I usually put the front a/c at low or high depending on the outside temp and put the bedroom one at auto when I'm hanging out in the living room. At night I reverse it. Last night I woke up to use the restroom and I opened the bedroom door to check on the dog and I noticed how cold it was in there. So cold you could have hung meat. I checked the thermostat and it was on Auto and 76 degrees. In the past I could hear the a/c kick on and off. I don't think it's doing that. I have a WiFi temp stick to keep track on the inside temp while I'm gone. I checked the temp for last night and it got down to 55 degrees. So It's obvious that it's not going into auto. It's staying on all the time. This morning I shut off the front one until I left for work. I checked right now and it's at 56 degrees. What can cause this?

Mike
Mike (Shelby the wonder dog)
2003 U320 (Barry Beams old coach)
2012 Honda CRV

Re: Rooftop A/C problem

Reply #2
No, I left for work. How do you reset? I'll have to wait until I get back to it this afternoon.

Mike
2012 Honda CRV

Reply #3
SYSTEM RESET
a. Turn the ON/OFF switch to OFF position.
b. Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to ON. FF should appear in the LCD display until the MODE and ZONE push-buttons are released.

Reply #4
I googled it and it was on Barry's website. Once I reset, will I have to do anything else?

Mike
2012 Honda CRV

Reply #5
No. just see if it's functioning properly.

Reply #6
Ok
2012 Honda CRV

Reply #7
Well I reset the thermostat. It didn't work. The rear a/c shuts off in auto mode, but he front will not.

Mike
2012 Honda CRV

Reply #8

Make sure the switch that toggles the fan between ON and AUTO is in the full AUTO position.  If it is then you should check the wires connected to the back of the thermostat to make sure none are loose.  It also could be the RJ11 connectors up inside the AC behind the ceiling grill cover and also at the comfort control center that's accessible after removing the plastic cover on the roof and the cover on the metal box inside.  All the telephone wires connected to the Penguin AC units use RJ11 connectors.

Here's one, but I don't know if it's yours;
Amazon.com: Dometic 3109226.005 Comfort Control Center for 630035 Ducted:...

Reply #9
Something I noticed. When in auto, the fan is on high. When on low, the fan is low. And when on high, the fan is high. The rear a/c on auto, the fan is low.

Will check the back of the thermostat and check wires.

Mike
2012 Honda CRV