Skip to main content
Topic: Pioneer AVH-3300NEX 7" Single Din DVD - Anything better for Replacement? (Read 539 times) previous topic - next topic

Pioneer AVH-3300NEX 7" Single Din DVD - Anything better for Replacement?

My original pop up screen just bit the dust - blank screen.  I checked the forum and all I could find was the Pioneer AVH-3300NEX 7" Single Din DVD as a replacement.  Anybody have any other choices or is this the best one to go with?  I only use it to see my tank levels and back up camera.

Thanks,
Oscar
Oscar & Janet Valent
2023 Coach House 261XLQD
Former 2004 U320 3820 PBBS
Former 2007 Newell Coach #815
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Re: Pioneer AVH-3300NEX 7" Single Din DVD - Anything better for Replacement?

Reply #1
Kenwood makes a single din pop-up display also
John
John and Stacey Smith
Motorcade NO: 11973
1997 U295 CSGI 40'..Build No. 5036     
920 Watts on the roof..CAT Power w/fuel Inj. Programmer
2021 GMC Sierra AT4 1500
EX..2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Ex 1990 U280 RSAI 36'..Build No. 3638

Reply #2
Hundreds available on ebay. Do you need DVD? Just like on laptops, CD/DVD are getting to be a thing of the past. Flash drives are so super cheap now and and store many times the music/video. Lots of these single DIN/flip up have GPS function also plus many can mirror your smart phone screen for GPS, etc. and some with touch screen capability.
single din flip up | eBay

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #3
Thank you all!  I now have the right key words "single DIN flip up" so I will search and find one compatible with the DW iPhone.
Oscar & Janet Valent
2023 Coach House 261XLQD
Former 2004 U320 3820 PBBS
Former 2007 Newell Coach #815
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Reply #4
You almost need a check list to match up features. Our iPhone tethers to our laptop so we have unlimited internet in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. If you have a plan that throttles after x amount of data, you can get around that by using "screen mirroring." Check to see if the head unit has screen mirroring. That way, you can use the websites I posted to watch most of available shows as in premium/news/sports all for free and legal. All on the flip up head unit.

Another factor to consider is that some flip ups with either Android or CE may take a few seconds to come online compared to a head unit like Pioneer/Kenwood. Some with an operating system keep that part powered, some don't.

Check all reviews as some may not all be as readable in bright light as others.

Time for homework!

Pierce
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #5
this is what I have. AVH-X7800BT by Pioneer. Nice head unit. AVHX7800
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #6
this is what I have. AVH-X7800BT by Pioneer. Nice head unit. AVHX7800
I've had quite a few Pioneer products and never had one fail. The only drawback I can see on this model is the resolution is 800x480 compared to others listed at 1024x600 so the image will be sharper the higher the numbers.

Here is a highly rated Android model sold on Amazon with most of the bells and whistles for under $200. GPS apps are free from the Play-Store.

Amazon.com: Single din Car Navigation Android 9.1 Motorized Display 7inch...

Make sure any unit has USB on the front. Nice to have a Micro-SD card slot as well. Quite a few cameras, action cameras use SD cards with a slot for the tiny Micro-SD card to slip in the big card. Some models will have inputs for a back up camera as well as several video cameras.

And last, the models with HD FM do sound better, even with old ears, than regular FM.

Flip up and Flip out are interchangeable terms.

Pierce
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)