Skip to main content

Topic: Long term storage? (Read 319 times) previous topic - next topic

Long term storage?
Because of health issues, we are staying in Ajo for as long as it takes to get healthy and the coach will not be moved. The fuel tank is full (with additive), I'm going to air up the tires to max. She is sitting on crushed gravel with kick-downs...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Long term storage?
Reply #1
Plywood would be slightly better.  But covering them (white better) to protect them from UV light is even more important.

If you are able to drive it 25 highway miles once in a while that would also be beneficial.

Reply #2
Here is a recommendation from Bridgestone.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Bridgestone and allowing us to assist you.

First of all, regarding the effects of storage:

A cool, dry, sealed garage is your best condition for storage, however, it is...

Reply #3
Thanks, guys!  ^.^d

Reply #4
Mike, I had C-diff last year. It was pretty horrible so I know what you are going through. I was able to avoid the hospital, I hope you can too.  I'm sure your doc told you that eating Activia yogurt helps after you finish the antibiotics. I ate...

Reply #5
Good luck! Don't forget to exercise the generator.

Reply #6
Mike,

I use plastic cardboard pallet dividers.  For a standard pallet, they are 40" x 48".  Light weight, tough and easy to handle.  When I'm on the road, they lay flat on the bottom of storage bay and take up virtually no room.

Here is  a link to...

Reply #7
Because of health issues, we are staying in Ajo for as long as it takes to get healthy and the coach will not be moved. The fuel tank is full (with additive), I'm going to air up the tires...

Reply #8
5. Do not store the vehicle in close proximity to steam pipes, electrical generators or animal manure since these accelerate oxidation of the rubber.

Everybody's got one on board?

Reply #9
Everybody's got one on board?
I'll have to remember to shut off our generator when the coach is in long term storage. ;)  ;) Some of the B ... here could accelerate oxidation of most...

Reply #10
Day to day use of the genset causing tire oxidation?

Reply #11
ozone is produced, which ages rubber. Clearly we dont need to worry about this with our tiny well ventilated generators.