Skip to main content

Topic: Only One Issue (Read 238 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Only One Issue
Just finished a trip up north, about 3500 miles. The 270 ran great with one hiccup. We were proceeding on a detour route through a town. It was slow going, maybe 30 mph or so and I started losing power. I pulled over when I could. It was idling...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Only One Issue
Reply #1
I had the same think happen to me a number of years ago.  I had not fueled up tho.  On freeway and was loosing power. Pullled over on feeder road and shut down engine. Let sit for few minutes and was back on the road.

Reply #2
Just finished a trip up north, about 3500 miles. The 270 ran great with one hiccup. We were proceeding on a detour route through a town. It was slow going, maybe 30 mph or so and I started losing...

Reply #3
Wonder if it is throttle-related.

Is yours air throttle, King Control, other?

Reply #4
Long shot guess, something sucking up on the fuel inlet. Shut down and it falls to the bottom until the next episode.

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
That's my thought also. Have you replaced the fuel lines?

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
King Control. It was rebuilt back in 2010. Fuel lines in 2015. Since it happened we put 1500 miles on without a repeat so I like the no-worries advice. I do have an endoscope, however, so I think I'll take a look at the tank. Thanks to all.
jor

Reply #7
If it happens again, call Steve Boler at King.  He is GREAT at diagnostics.

He can walk you through verifying it is/is not the King unit.

Reply #8
Check to see if your brake lights have come on. I was in cruise and it dropped out of cruise and I had no power. I had to disconnect
the wire going to the vim and either from the brake light relay or the cruise relay. Then I would hook everything...